credit card readers

TKK

Allen, you hit on one of my biggest issues, I have a lot of older machines that just are not compatible even though they are MDB.  Have had even more issues with that in testing PayRange devises.  Yes, I have had to change out eprom's and even entire boards where I thought it would be worthwhile.  Not every location merits the expense.

Excuse me for trying to make a living.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can try to make a living any way you choose, just don't complain when your IPod won't sync with your cassette deck.

You can try to make a living any way you choose, just don't complain when your IPod won't sync with your cassette deck.

Are you helping me or bashing me?

Because you're kinda being a golpher. You know it alls say all you need is mdb but that ain't true. So why don't you either be helpful or shut the hall up.

Are you helping me or bashing me?

Because you're kinda being a golpher. You know it alls say all you need is mdb but that ain't true. So why don't you either be helpful or shut the hall up.

I was politely and sarcastically trying to tell you you are not using the right equipment. A BevMax 5591 has no business being in a location that would also benefit from a card reader. Anyone with a Bev2 or higher will run you out of the account. Don't waste your money or any gray hair. As for Vendo, any 511 from late 1990's will work with a card. Again, if yours are older, you wasted your money on G9's. At least Dixie Narco E-Series from the mid 1990's will work or are able to upgrade to the SBC controller at a reasonable investment. There's no improvement for old Vendos except for a newer one.

Sometimes the cheapest isn't the least expensive. By the time you pay to upgrade your payment platform, you could have bought a newer machine for the same or just a little more money. I'm sorry to have ruffled your feathers.

I was politely and sarcastically trying to tell you you are not using the right equipment. A BevMax 5591 has no business being in a location that would also benefit from a card reader. Anyone with a Bev2 or higher will run you out of the account. Don't waste your money or any gray hair. As for Vendo, any 511 from late 1990's will work with a card. Again, if yours are older, you wasted your money on G9's. At least Dixie Narco E-Series from the mid 1990's will work or are able to upgrade to the SBC controller at a reasonable investment. There's no improvement for old Vendos except for a newer one.

Sometimes the cheapest isn't the least expensive. By the time you pay to upgrade your payment platform, you could have bought a newer machine for the same or just a little more money. I'm sorry to have ruffled your feathers.

Meh, no worries it happens on here from time to time. That is why I have tried for the longest time to talk about the downfalls of running older equipment like single price drink machines or machines that are not capable of using credit card readers. The vending industry has changed a lot in a short period of time with technology. 5 or so years ago I would have recommended someone buy older refurbished equipment or refurbish equipment themselves. That mentaility has slowly started to change because you are correct I use it to my advantage against vending companies that utilize older equipment. With that said I do it only in accounts that make sense to do it in but over the years I have really tightened up my requirements on what accounts I will even do in the first place.  About all the accounts I go after now all would qualify for newer equipment with most the bells and whistles.

I will say you can get away with older equipment if you have TOP NOTCH service but still can be riskier. Not saying you shouldn't have top notch service when running new equipment which should always be your business model.   

I have a bevmax 5591 in a location with a credit card reader, does 600 - 800 a month by itself!!!!   So again people that say don't use old equipment are crazy!

I bought 5 g9's. What a pain in the arse. My BevMax 5591 hates them. Forget about putting them on any vendos. Be prepared to learn how to replace EPROMs.

What is it doing wrong?

Thanks for clarifying. It's hard to read sarcasm on a forum. Nobody will walk into my account and take it. This is the country. They will get a beat down in the parking lot.

I have a bevmax 5591 in a location with a credit card reader, does 600 - 800 a month by itself!!!!   So again people that say don't use old equipment are crazy!

What is it doing wrong?

Show me an account doing that volume with a 5591 drop vendor and I will show you an account that can be exploited by offering them a brand new glass front machine. I know if you are running your fair share of service calls with that machine.I know a guy that lost a hospital account over those type machines. Why? because the new vending company offered brand new equipment. 

Sorry I know you don't like when I repeat myself but I felt like it was worth repeating. 

Thanks for clarifying. It's hard to read sarcasm on a forum. Nobody will walk into my account and take it. This is the country. They will get a beat down in the parking lot.

I will assume that is sarcasm since it is hard to tell on a forum. :) 

Show me an account doing that volume with a 5591 drop vendor and I will show you an account that can be exploited by offering them a brand new glass front machine. I know if you are running your fair share of service calls with that machine.I know a guy that lost a hospital account over those type machines. Why? because the new vending company offered brand new equipment. 

Sorry I know you don't like when I repeat myself but I felt like it was worth repeating. 

I have had one service call because a bottle was jammed, ONE... MOST accounts do not know the difference between a brand new glass front or the first glass front ever made!

I have had one service call because a bottle was jammed, ONE... MOST accounts do not know the difference between a brand new glass front or the first glass front ever made!

Sure they will once a good salesman comes in and shows them a brochure and a video of how the new one looks and functions like  and tells them how old the one they have really is. 

If you have had only one service call with that machine count yourself lucky because that is not the case most of the time. That machine is well known as a service call nightmare. 

BevMAX4.png

https://youtu.be/k6Hyqc_fbBE  

Sure they will once a good salesman comes in and shows them a brochure and a video of how the new one looks and functions like  and tells them how old the one they have really is. 

If you have had only one service call with that machine count yourself lucky because that is not the case most of the time. That machine is well known as a service call nightmare. 

BevMAX4.png

1000 - 1200 or 3500 plus.... I will take the 1200

I have a bevmax 5591 in a location with a credit card reader, does 600 - 800 a month by itself!!!! So again people that say don't use old equipment are crazy!

What is it doing wrong?

Thanks for asking. It's locking up in the middle of a sale. I'll get there and an amount will be on the reader but the machine won't allow any further actions. I have to shut the power off and back on to clear it. USAT says it's a problem with the 5591's that they haven't worked out yet. USAT will send an update tonight at midnight. Hopefully that fixes it.

I disagree. I have many bevmaxes in private schools that sell very high priced products. The card readers boosted rev by 30%. When im done with the bevmaxes I will scrap them and keep my G10's. Also, just because you work for canteen (a company that imo should be out of business) does not mean the way you guys work works for everyone else. 

I don't care who you are that's funny right there.pointup-h.gif

There is a few guys out in Arizona that pretty do this stuff, cut each others cords, turn machines to face walls, unplug you name it...I call it "vending wars"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Lol. I've heard stories but I've never actually seen it happen. The worst thing I have dealt with was people purposely jamming machines for "fun."

1000 - 1200 or 3500 plus.... I will take the 1200

I found a nice Bev max 4 for 2500 bucks. Was 3500 bucks but the guy said he would give me a deal on it. Now I just need to crap 2500 bucks.

I found a nice Bev max 4 for 2500 bucks. Was 3500 bucks but the guy said he would give me a deal on it. Now I just need to crap 2500 bucks.

The Vegas craps tables are only about an hour and half away!!!

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

. I am looking for four Bevmax 4's. And I crap cash!

. I am looking for four Bevmax 4's. And I crap cash!

bought up a bunch here in AZ a couple years back. Got 10 of them for 1900 a pop. Looking back on it I wish I had gotten all them. IMO 3000 is pushing it for one of these.

Archived