Lock or T handle

twnotter

I would suspect it's both... Sometimes it's a sticky lock, and sometimes the T handle just doesn't set right and the lock doesn't fully engage.

I always pound my locks with my fist before I leave. In fact, if I leave without doing that, I WILL lose sleep over it. I have had one lock pop open in 5 years only because I forgot to smack it lol.

The T handle on my combo machine keeps popping open when the door is jiggled. What would most likely be worn out, the lock cylinder or the notch in the T handle? Also would anyone know where these parts can be purchased in Canada?

Thanks

What model machine is it?  If it's a standard T-handle then it could be a worn out or faulty lock cylinder.  If this happens when trying to use a different lock cylinder then you might need to replace the T-handle flange.

I would suspect it's both... Sometimes it's a sticky lock, and sometimes the T handle just doesn't set right and the lock doesn't fully engage.

I always pound my locks with my fist before I leave. In fact, if I leave without doing that, I WILL lose sleep over it. I have had one lock pop open in 5 years only because I forgot to smack it lol.

I was lucky the location manager locked it back up immediately.

What model machine is it?  If it's a standard T-handle then it could be a worn out or faulty lock cylinder.  If this happens when trying to use a different lock cylinder then you might need to replace the T-handle flange.

it is a seaga combo vc630, I would hate to order a part and still have it happen. Maybe I should change the entire piece. I will be going to the location today, I will see if the lock pin is worn. Does the cylinder come out fairly easily?

I was lucky the location manager locked it back up immediately.

it is a seaga combo vc630, I would hate to order a part and still have it happen. Maybe I should change the entire piece. I will be going to the location today, I will see if the lock pin is worn. Does the cylinder come out fairly easily?

Not familiar wit Seagas (don't own one thank god) but this is the exact same problem that occurs with Vendos when the flange that holds the T handle becomes warped.  If your machine uses such a flange, I'd make sure that it's sitting flush to the door and isn't bowed out a bit.

The Seaga T-handles are specific to those Seaga models.  They are two piece T-handles in that there is the flange that mounts to the door and then the T-handle itself is pressed on to the threaded stud (they call it a spear) with no ability to remove it. This makes the T-handle an assembly in total.  You can remove your lock but no part of the T-handle can be purposely disassembled.  If the threaded stud should come off the T-handle then the whole assembly must be replaced.  To remove the lock by itself you will need to insert your key and turn it completely clockwise to the unlocked position, leave the key in and use a screwdriver to push the lock plunger down so you can pull the lock out.  

Archived