What is this machine made of?

SyTheCandyGuy

I'm trying to find out what this machine is made of, anyone know? I'm having cleaning issues so need to find some sort of polish, cleaning product specific to it. Standard cleaning stuff tends to leave a milky/misty residue over time, and results in a less than ideal look.

Or if someone uses these machines, what do they find is best?

Driving me crazy, I have about 50 of them.

post-10310-0-82034400-1441356503_thumb.jpg

At a glance, probably plastic. The globes might be delrin, but I wouldn't expect an import carousel machine to be made of anything much sturdier than that.

How dirty are they? If it's just like dust and stuff, a glass cleaner like Windex will clean it up pretty well without any streaking.

Its definitely metal of some kind. The gold colour bit is the particularly grubby and is definitely different to the silver colour bit. The silver bit comes up nice with wire scrubber pad thingy. Possibly its nickel plated of some sort?

I was wondering about some sort of car polish/cleaner?

Boy, that's a tough one. I'm no metallurgist I'm afraid, so I'm not sure what sort of chemicals you could use on it safely. I'd think your basic Armorall car cleaning kit would have all the stuff you'd need to clean "most" of that stuff, but that might be a little extreme depending on how dirty the machines really are. Sticker residue would be better dealt with with separately, and barring something like oil splatters I'd think most anything else could be taken care of with some Fabuloso, some Windex, and a couple rags. My 2 cents though.

Archived