Royal Vendors RVCC804-9

Cb120404

I just bought a Royal Vendors  RVCC804-9. It was in a mechanic shop where they just left door open and would reach in and grab drinks.  I am wanting to use it as a vending machine and not a refrigerator.  The display screen reads "no sale" and money goes straight to the change return tray. The serial # is 1494DK-00292 so I got the manual off of the website for the ones before 201134 but I haven't been able to find anything on the issue yet.  I am still new in the vending world so any help is appreciated

The nO SALE message is because the Vend Override setting is turned on.  You need to access the password protected menu to get to that part of the programming.  This particular issue is in the GIII manual on page 26. 

Enter the service mode and scroll down to PASS.  Enter the password by pressing, in this order, select buttons 4,2,3,1,4 which should then cause the display to show CASH.  If that password doesn't work then try 4,4,2,3,1.  Once into the secondary menu you will scroll down to OVER.  Enter that submenu and scroll to Und.  Enter that menu item and change the option to 0 and save it.  If it's set on 1 then you will override the ability to vend from the machine and the result is the nO SALE message. 

On my Royal Can machine, the default password is 4,2,3,1

Travis

I think AZ was referring to the fact that you have to hit "enter" which should be 4 after the password to get past the password.  I wish we could just eliminate the password since everybody knows what it is.

Look around inside the machine (in the door area) for a keyswitch that might be turned to inhibit vending.  That programming setting is usually used in conjunction with a lockout switch (read all the information in that manual section).  If you don't find a keyswitch anywhere inside the door then you probably need a new logic board.  Let me know if you need one and I can send one to you.

I didn't see a key switch and the only thing I found in the book remotely about lockout switch is the section on addition kits, maybe I'm looking in the wrong book. I don't know. Here is a pic of the control board to give you a better idea of what I am dealing with.

I got it working, I did what azvendor said and went through the pass option and this time I changed it to uND1 and pressed enter just to see if changing it back to 0 would work but when I shut the door with it on 1 it started working. Now that I have it dispensing in sure I will run into more issues. Thank you all for your help. I posted a picture of the control board in the gallery, and I may still need a new one because this machine is in desperate need of TLC.

Now I put a few drinks in the first 3 sections however almost all the buttons give me drinks from those sections. Is there a way to change what button works what column or is the wiring mixed up?

I got it working, I did what azvendor said and went through the pass option and this time I changed it to uND1 and pressed enter just to see if changing it back to 0 would work but when I shut the door with it on 1 it started working. Now that I have it dispensing in sure I will run into more issues. Thank you all for your help. I posted a picture of the control board in the gallery, and I may still need a new one because this machine is in desperate need of TLC.

Now I put a few drinks in the first 3 sections however almost all the buttons give me drinks from those sections. Is there a way to change what button works what column or is the wiring mixed up?

Once you get past the programming issues, you'll find that the Royal 804 is the most reliable machine you'll ever own.  Well worth a good clean up.  What you have going on now sounds more like a Space to sales issue rather than any problem with the machine.

Put picture the gallery.

cajun

There's no more room in the gallery now that you've loaded your last batch of pictures  ;D  ;D  ;D

Once you get past the programming issues, you'll find that the Royal 804 is the most reliable machine you'll ever own.  Well worth a good clean up.  What you have going on now sounds more like a Space to sales issue rather than any problem with the machine.

There's no more room in the gallery now that you've loaded your last batch of pictures  ;D  ;D  ;D

LoL!

I told you moondoggie,I have a life here!

Simply as it may be, I would not happy anywhere but here!

I just gave everybody a little glimpse at it!

Pictures tells everything!

By the way you can keep your clogged up streets and high cost of living!

givemebeer.gif givemebeer.gif givemebeer.gif

cajun

Well I figured out how to assign the space to sales and got them all assigned to correct column but I forgot to go to save and I shut the door and now the display screen won't come on at all even if I press the control board button and the bottons won't dispense a drink. I was so excited to get another vending machine (I lost my other 2 in a bad business partnership) and this one has been so frustrating. My husband and I own a towing/trucking company so the vending machines are more of a hobby for me and not a business, but I love it and take pride in having one. But this is like having a new toy that doesn't work

Well I figured out how to assign the space to sales and got them all assigned to correct column but I forgot to go to save and I shut the door and now the display screen won't come on at all even if I press the control board button and the bottons won't dispense a drink. I was so excited to get another vending machine (I lost my other 2 in a bad business partnership) and this one has been so frustrating. My husband and I own a towing/trucking company so the vending machines are more of a hobby for me and not a business, but I love it and take pride in having one. But this is like having a new toy that doesn't work

These Royal's is not the easiest to learn to program!

But once you figure out the first one they get simple to program.

Been there done that!

Good luck!

cajun

Probable shook the fuse holder loose. Most of them are at the top of the door if your computer board is up there too. It's black plastic and the size of a 1/2 stick of gum.

I just Checked the fuse holder. It's fine, I even unplugged them and plugged them back in and still nothing on display screen

I got it working. Thanks again!

Is it possible to put Gatorade or powerade in this machine? If so which bottle works best? I know 20oz, but does one shape work better than the other?

The machine will handle 20 oz bottles and of those two the Gatorade works best due to the bottle shape.  In order to change package sizes you must empty the front and rear columns of where you want to change the size (empty columns 3 and 9 for example if you want to change size in either of those columns).  After that then you remove the front rod retaining cover (two screws) on the front of the stack to expose the adjusting rods.  You will then pull the rod out from the two product deflectors in those two columns (only if adjusting the front column, otherwise only pull the rod out far enough to clear the rear deflector if you're changing column 9).  Move the appropriate deflector to the inner hole on it's right side so that the deflector is farther away from the rotor.  Slide the rod back into it's hole in the rear stack and reinstall the rod retainer cover.  Now you have to adjust the rear spacer plate if the 20 oz is going into a rear column or the right and left product retainers in the front of the front column.  Then you need to go into the programming and set the depth to 1 for the column number you just put the Gatorade into.

All of this should be in the manual and there should be a diagram (a very poor one) of the rod adjusting holes on the deflectors on a label found on your inner door.

Archived