Trailer

maestro489

I am looking to expand into a 10"x6" or 12"x6" trailer. Anybody have suggestions for dealers in Atlanta.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Look on Craigslist most trailer dealers advertise on their since it is free.  My suggestion on a trailer (if you want my suggestion) is make sure it has a side door, I prefer a V nose because it pulls better, better fuel mileage and is extra space.  

Do some research, find someone that builds them and have it customized. Here is mine. Next thing to add is a lift assist for the gate. It is 16' x 77" with 4" drop axles so it is lower to the ground for loading. The gate has a 4' x4' 1/8" steel plate so I can load machines easily. The axles are HD making them 4000# instead of the standard 3500# and the floor is treated lumber. 

trailer pic 2

Arkhusker's trailer

You're right RJT I am looking to haul product, so I want an enclosed trailer.

I was thinking that. Like I said I would do a V nose and make sure you have a side door in the V section. This way you don't really eat up much wall space for shelving.  The rear door is kinds personal preference.

Ramp style door is easier to load especially heavy items like drinks put limits you to how much room you need for clearance to drop the door down.

Full size swing door also limits you on how much space you need to clear to ope. 

Split door is the best for clearance but has more moving parts and needs clearance on two sides to open. 

Keep in mind you will want your heavy items like drinks towards the front or middle axle. Two axle is better than one  because of weight and if you have a flat. Be sure and have a spare with you and a jack. 

What about a vent on top. I live in ga so summers are brutal. I was wondering if the vent makes a difference or not.

It can but also is prone to leaks. Even a 12v rooftop AC is not a terrible option to leave it plugged in when sitting. Stored product can have problems in heat including chips, porkrinds, pastry, etc. In reality is no different than a box truck or stepvan. A trailer is a great option to start and many companies are starting to use them. The independent reps like Lance, Frito Lay, etc are starting to use one. My cousin has been with Lance for years has started using a trailer and loves it over his old stepvan he had. 

Archived