Seeing a decline in sales/income over the summer?

jpalm

My two most recent pulls on my routes have seen about a 20-30% decline in income. Even my most recently established routes have had the same results, so "fatigue" is not really the issue. I've heard from some that this is typical for summer and I should see an increase back to normal by mid October, but I've heard from others that their numbers haven't fallen off at all. A couple of things that I think (hope) are contributing is that the kids just went back to school and maybe their money is being spent in large department stores and office supply stores instead of the smaller places where my boxes are located. Additionally, we have had a couple of weeks of daily monsoon rains and the threat of a hurricane.

Does anyone else have any experiences similar to mine? I've only been doing it since January, so I don't know what's normal for this time of year and if I should be concerned at all.

My experience is that although I don't have honor boxes, with everything that I have including locating, it has slowed down during the summer for most. On my busy restaurants my bulk has increased though.

My two most recent pulls on my routes have seen about a 20-30% decline in income. Even my most recently established routes have had the same results, so "fatigue" is not really the issue. I've heard from some that this is typical for summer and I should see an increase back to normal by mid October, but I've heard from others that their numbers haven't fallen off at all. A couple of things that I think (hope) are contributing is that the kids just went back to school and maybe their money is being spent in large department stores and office supply stores instead of the smaller places where my boxes are located. Additionally, we have had a couple of weeks of daily monsoon rains and the threat of a hurricane.

Does anyone else have any experiences similar to mine? I've only been doing it since January, so I don't know what's normal for this time of year and if I should be concerned at all.

It's funny you should post this question, because I was just about to do the same! I too have noticed a drop in box revenue over the summer. I a attribute it to people cutting down their visits to restaurants because of money needed for school supplies, etc... I have only be en doing this since March, so I have no comparisons either. How many boxes do you have, jpalm? Also, I would trust what Rodney69 has to say. He is a veteran at this and very trustworthy.

It's funny you should post this question, because I was just about to do the same! I too have noticed a drop in box revenue over the summer. I a attribute it to people cutting down their visits to restaurants because of money needed for school supplies, etc... I have only be en doing this since March, so I have no comparisons either. How many boxes do you have, jpalm? Also, I would trust what Rodney69 has to say. He is a veteran at this and very trustworthy.

I did speak with Rodney about it and I do trust what he says, but it's always nice to hear other people's experiences as well. Right now I'm somewhere between 450-500 boxes. 

Archived