AP 113

laip51

Just bought 2 AP 113s. AP published specs calls for MEI 2501 Acceptor and Coinco TRC 6000.  The ones installed on these are Coinco ProMag 30R and 52R.  Everything works and they appear to be MDB. We plan on adding credit card readers.  Any comments appreciated concerning acceptors and general good or bad operation.

Those are great machines but there's no MDB on AP 113s.  You will need to put upgrade boards on them to convert them to MDB.  I can send some to you if that's what you need so you can do card readers.  You'll then need to upgrade your coin mechs to MDB.  I think your validators will already work on MDB so you can keep them in the machines with just changing the validator harnesses.  Let me know if this is what you want to do.

Just bought 2 AP 113s. AP published specs calls for MEI 2501 Acceptor and Coinco TRC 6000. The ones installed on these are Coinco ProMag 30R and 52R. Everything works and they appear to be MDB. We plan on adding credit card readers. Any comments appreciated concerning acceptors and general good or bad operation.

Well the mags are alright but you need to verify that the machine is MDB capable. The MAG30 is either 110v or 24v MDB, while the MAG 52 is either 24v or 24v MDB. If they have a newer board in them, then they very well may be MDB capable, but I don't think the stock board works with MDB. Please take a picture of the boards. If the coin mechs are 110v, then there's a high chance that your machine is not MDB ready.

The 32R and 52R are labeled MDB Pro and the harness was pointed out as having three connectors which it was said that it was MDB?  The TRC6000s work correctly but I understand from replies that they don't support MDB.  I will take photos, including boards and get back tomorrow.  Please advise a suitable coin mech that would support MDB and cc readers later.  Thanks.

Those bill validators will work with proper MDB harnesses and no photos are needed as there is nothing to do to get the factory boards to use MDB.  You will have to convert the machines to aftermarket boards to do that.  The TRC6000 is Micromech-only and will not work when you change to an aftermarket board so you'll need MDB coin mechs when you do the conversion.  I can exchange your mechs for 3 tube MDB mechs (TRC6510, TRC6512 or 9302GX).  There are also 4 and 5 tube mechs but you probably won't need that much change capacity.

AZVendor, I've been told by several sources that you can use the original mechs OR MDB mechs in the InOne boards, so there is a small chance he has upgraded boards, but I highly doubt it. I think he'll need to upgrade his boards as well.

I will have to study the situation when time and see if there have been any update mods. If getting upgrade coin mechs, and knowing the acceptors are ok, do I have to get complete upgrade sets or only the control boards. I read here some time ago that the VE sets are preferred over to iOne sets if it comes down to that. Maybe photos of control area with harnesses etc. would help determine if anything has bee done since original specs.  As mentioned, one of the non standard things is the addition of the MagPro- DBDs rather than original VN2501s

Allen, no UCB kit for the 4000

AP - 110 series  120 series 6/7000 series  LCM series (combos need a mechanical thermostat installed for reefer, no onboard cold control)

NAT - 145,146,147,148,157,158,167,168 (does work in the GPL's that correspond but not advertised that way or guaranteed 147 kit works in a 474 with a mechanical cold control not advertised or guaranteed)

ROWE - 5900 and early style 6900

Thanks. Are the 4000's upgradable as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if you do a search on ebay for item # 200274947023 this board is an mdb board that works great I have 3 of them and you can use your original coin mech and validator or install new mdb units.

John

I will buy two VE5855s for the 113s and no doubt be back for advice and experience on installation.  Thanks all for the usual expert support.  I am hoping that someday I will be able to contribute rather than only receiving.

I finally bought the VE UCB kit.  I have 9302GX coin mechs in both (one of them has MDB on it).  The acceptors are  Mag 52R in one and Mag 32R in the other. Does this sound right.  I will be assembling tomorrow. 

All 9302-gx's are MDB and you can tell that based off of the plugs being identical. With that said, your MAG 52's will work as long as you have the MDB adapter harnesses that need to go with them, unless the 52R already has an MDB plug, and they might. In fact, I think the MAG52R is more like a coinco billpro than a traditional MAG and it may not have the long board connected to it like most MAGs do.

Archived