Need AP 211 Help

BBVendors

Good morning all. I currently am working on an AP 211. I've filled up many over the years but not very familiar with the technical aspect of them so I'm still learning at this point. It's not dispensing cups as it should. It seems to not dispense every third vend. Then it will dispense two more times and miss again on the third. When I started working on this machine it already had 10oz cups in it and would fill the cup completely. The service manual seems to indicate to me  that the 211 is meant for 7-8oz cups. So I'm wondering if someone before me tried to set it up for 10oz cups by changing the auger time durations and installing 10oz cups not knowing the machine should only be for 7-8oz cups OR do I have another problem I'm not aware of?  Regardless of whether my theory is correct or if I may have a simple cup drop problem, any help or advise would be greatly appreciated. Any one ever ran into this before?

You are correct that the 211 can dispense a maximum cup size of 8.25 oz.  You should get some 8.25 oz vending cups and try them to see if the cup ring might be set up for them.  If it's not then the adjustment isn't too difficult and I can explain it if needed.

Ok here is another question AZ. I tried putting some 7oz cups in and they were obviously too small. Does the adjustment for the cup ring adjust larger than the recommended 8.25oz cups or could it be some one put a larger size cup ring from another model on this particular machine? Is there another single size cup AP machine designed for 10-12 cups?

The cup ring is standard to both the 211 series and to the 203/213 series.  The cup volume is dictated by the size of the brew cylinder and the programming limitations of the machine.  8.25 oz is the largest volume the 211 can put out and if you need anything larger you need to use a 213 that can go to 12 oz cups.  It does sound like someone adjusted the ring for some other cup size and so it won't fit what you're using.  If you're going to use this machine then you need to settle on a specific cup from a specific manufacturer as the cups must remain the same so they will always fit the cup ring when you adjust it.

The smallest cup used in vending is 7 oz and it can be used in any coffee machine.

Let me put this fact front and center.

This machine will not work with the cups from the grocery store or Sam’s Club.

You need to get cups from a vending supplier, the box will say vending cup certified on the box.

They are sold by the case of 2000 cups. You will commit to a cup size and adjust your machine to fill that size cup.

Walta

You're absolutely right Walta. That's why our company has offered either 7 or 10oz cups of coffee for almost 50 years. We currently get our cups either from Vistar or Vendor Supply. We aren't rookies to the business by no means. BUT with that said, after being in the business for 15 years, 11 as a driver and 4 as CSM, I am somewhat a rookie to the service tech side of things. One might could say I'm just now learning things I should already know after being in vending so long but it is what it is.

Now back to the AP 211. I put the correct size cup ring on the machine today. Where it was not dropping a cup every third vend with the incorrect ring, it's now not dropping a cup every fifth vend with the proper ring. Is there an adjustment I can do that I'm not aware of?

To properly adjust the cup ring, you need to put 1 cup into the ring.  You'll find an adjustment screw on the right side underneath the ring.  Loosen it and then make sure that the adjuster will rotate freely (they get stuck over time). Adjust the ring to to allow the single cup to rest on the ramp of each "dog" with the dog snugged up against the cup but not tight.  This is shown in the machine manual, by the way.  Move the ring adjuster a couple of times so you can see how the ring releases the cup which will show what part of the dogs the cup rim should be resting on.  Once you reach a good adjustment then snug the screw down while holding the adjuster tight (it tends to move when tightening the screw).  Now pull on the cup at various angles to see if it can EASILY slip out of the ring.  If it's reasonably secure then add some cups and begin testing it.  If it still misses then try the adjustment again.  Once you get it set then don't change cups at all unless you are forced to because you will likely have to go through this process again with different cups.

I doubt you needed to change the cup ring as I believe they were all the same among all the AP/RMI models and only needed to be properly adjusted.

Sorry if I insulted you on the internet it is hard to tell who you are dealing with.

The factory cup ring in the 211 was not adjustable.  Adjustable rings came in on the 213s

I do not see it in the manual but I recall there being a 10 oz cup ring for sale.  And a few people ran 10 oz cups by brewing 8 oz of strong coffee and adding 2 oz of hot water so it did work, sort of. Was the 10 oz ring adjustable I do not recall.

Can you read the part number on the ring you have? 

Are the cup separates clean and timed correctly?

If you down load and read the 213 manual you can see how to adjust the ring if yours is adjustable.

If not adjustable the photo will help you decide if you have the correct cups for the ring you have.

Walta

post-4302-0-22197400-1442341012_thumb.jpg

No worries Walta. No offense taken. I didn't get a chance to work on the 211 today. Thankfully it's at the shop and not on location. I will be sure to check the part number to see if it was the original cup ring.

• 3 weeks later...

Just thought I'd give an update on this. I happened to find another 211 we had that had already been used for parts. Fortunately the cup drop assembly was still good so I replaced the entire assembly with that one and all is well. Still not exactly sure what the problem was but the important thing is it's working like a champ. In fact we are putting it out on location today so it can start making us money instead of sitting at the shop collecting dust. Thanks guys and have a great day!

Archived