Royal 650 column configuration

maestro489

I have a royal 650 that was previously configured to alternate between two columns with the same flavor. This account no longer requires to columns of that flavor and I would like to put another flavor in one of the columns. How do I change that configuration?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a royal 650 that was previously configured to alternate between two columns with the same flavor. This account no longer requires to columns of that flavor and I would like to put another flavor in one of the columns. How do I change that configuration?

The 650 has 12 columns divided between 10 selections, hence the Space To Sales.  I doubt you'll have enough selection buttons to lose one Space To Sales configuration.

Royal 804s can have up to 13 buttons. The 660 is a 72" version of the same cabinet.

He's got a Merlin IV 650 which are a little different than the GIII's depending upon how the door is configured.  I have a 660 with 12 buttons so I don;t use STS on that machine even though it's available on the board.  The most buttons that I've seen on a Merlin is 10.

That's right it is a Merlin and I have 10 buttons only using 8.

So just leave it alone since there'e no way you can get an extra selection. Ten selections is plenty.

If you have 10 buttons but only 8 are programmed to the 12 columns in the machine then you can go into the STS settings and program those two unused buttons to two different columns.  Keep in mind that there is currently one button used to run the two now-empty columns so you will now have 3 buttons to consider programming.  Or you can reprogram the now-abandoned button to one of the two now-empty columns and then one of the previously unused buttons to the second empty column.  While you're at this you should simply change your STS to a pre-programmed STS setting that will utilize all 10 buttons so that you don't have any blank selections on the door.  Use the Merlin IV manual for STS programming instructions.

Archived