MAG 50B / Royal 552 canceled credit

AngryChris

I have a Royal 552 with a mag50B (just installed) that will register the $1.00, dispense nothing, and cancel the credit without refunding anything. When this happens, the coin mech powers off. Everything works fine when the validator is disabled and the BA30B was working before I swapped them out (BA30B was jamming).

This validator was not giving a credit on a Dixie Narco single price machine previously. I had it refurbished by a local company that refurbishes most of my coin mechs and validators.

I think it's either a wrong setting on the validator or it wasn't fixed. Thoughts?

Try switch 3 on your validator board to change the pulse width.  If that makes no difference then you probably have a bad elevator sensor in the stacker.  The validator will give a pre-vend credit but when the vend is made the validator will be polled to verify the bill is there and if the elevator doesn't register properly the validator will report "no bill" and the credit is cancelled.  In that case take it back to whoever repaired it for retesting.

Archived