looks

Avi

I am about to purchase  my first machines (Oak) and I'm at a loss of what color to buy. I plan on placing them in high end hotels.  Should I buy Vistas or Acorn? Black or red? the Acorn is 50% more expensive but maybe it is easier to place.  Thanks for your help!

Funny coincidence, I'm also about to purchase some oak's, just realized I live 15 minutes from their factory in Vernon. I have absolutely no say in what works since i'm super new myself, and right now am quite sleep deprived :'( .........  but if we're throwing out opinions..I'd say red gets more attention (since it has a longer wave length and can be seen further away) but black would fit in more places if you're thinking about matching

Vistas are, in my opinion at least, superior to the Acorn simply on the grounds of capacity. I mean, the Acorn is a fine machine, but you can get the somewhat taller Vista for less money, so how can you go wrong. Both are phenomenal machines that'll last forever though, so whichever you get, you'll be in good shape.

As for colors, if I ever have a choice I choose black. Black is the easiest to keep clean, maintain, and spot-patch in the field. If one of my black NW80 cabs gets a scratch in the side panel, I can take a Testors enamel paint marker, and in one stroke it's fixed. Dirt and stuff doesn't show up on the black ones as much either, at least in my experience.

Ultimately it comes down to what you want to do, but thankfully you can't really go wrong with Oaks. Good luck!

Not trying to completely change the subject..or at least not for long..but Performa, when you set up racks, do you do some candy and some capsules or all capsules? I talked to the lady at oak today, she was asking what I wanted to run, I told her I have two big oaks for top, but have no clue for the bottom. I figured it should be all capsules and maybe one gumball? I just want to know what the experienced guys do so i order the right stuff lol

and btw avi, they do get refurbs regularly according to the lady, so if you call and ask them to hold some next time they get them they will. Otherwise it seems they move pretty quickly. 

If you're super concerned about appearance, go with either Northwestern or Beaver.  Otherwise, Oak Vista is your friend.  Most upscale places in my experience tend to appreciate the the curved machines, like round or 450 style globes but for the most part you're good with panel heads.  Most upscale hotels won't allow you to place bulk machines in the lobby at all so if you're placing them into the break rooms, then you're good with Oak Vista.

Not trying to completely change the subject..or at least not for long..but Performa, when you set up racks, do you do some candy and some capsules or all capsules? I talked to the lady at oak today, she was asking what I wanted to run, I told her I have two big oaks for top, but have no clue for the bottom. I figured it should be all capsules and maybe one gumball? I just want to know what the experienced guys do so i order the right stuff lol

Candy on a rack is a waste. Capsules, gumballs, BB's, etc. If you have a rack location that wants or warrants candy, set up a triple next to your main unit. Like so:

e8581e39c89f8a090f95c8e50f3c717b.png

Remember, specialty equipment is more limited in options than your rack heads- and the more products you have, the more money you make. The gumball machine there makes a lot more money than when I just had a head on the rack as it's more visible. Same goes for Candy. Now, you won't always have the space, but odds are good that if you can fit a rack, the place will have enough for a triple beside it if it's worth it to go that route.

For your setup, I'd say get two 1.1" acorn cap wheels, and one 27mm round product wheel- then you can run gum in one, and caps in the others. Then in the extreme offhand chance the gum doesn't sell (or you swap up to a standalone unit) you can put in 27mm bb's, or a round cap product like Squishland (which is a terrific seller when you can get it) and their types. Good luck!

Archived