Cashless vending (such as pay range)

Jazar

My thought is that it would probably increase sales if you are in a retail setting. If you are in an office or other biz where the same people are buying from you day in and day out I don't think the extra way to pay makes much difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My thought is that it would probably increase sales if you are in a retail setting. If you are in an office or other biz where the same people are buying from you day in and day out I don't think the extra way to pay makes much difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually the reverse is true. Many "street" accounts people still don't trust card readers. In an account that has the same people all the time a card reader can increase sales depending on location. Some of my consulting clients are seeing good results in their "captured" accounts. Some say it is nearly 30% of their revenue. 

Payrange limits you to just an app on a smart phone. The right card reader gives you all the cards in a customer's wallet plus Apple Pay, Android Wallet, Google Wallet and more NFC solutions. I have deployed a huge number of USAT units and the results are astounding.

Hi, thanks for the responses. I did do a search and did not find anything, but maybe I was looking in the wrong forum or something. Again, thanks for the responses! It does sound like a better option than credit card readrers, but wanted to get some knowledge from real live experiences.  

I am using credit card readers and like them a lot, but require a larger account to be worthwhile.  Cashless usually adds 10% to 20% to sales with no loss of cash sales.  People who have and use cash will continue to do so, but you will pick up sales from the young to middle age crowd that does not carry cash anymore. As for PayRange, I just installed my first units to test them out.  I like the concept for smaller office accounts that don't warrant the expense of a regular card reader.  How well they will work in my operation is yet to be seen, but the cost is low enough to try some out myself.  Just be aware that their may be some older MDB units with incompatible control boards, so don't overorder if you can help it.   They have gone to selling the units in lots of 12, but there are a few distributors who can still sell smaller quantities....

As others have said, I have only had a boost in sales where I put CC readers. It is not specific to what types of accounts. one of My warehouses vs a law office had over 20% more revenue due to installing readers.

• 3 weeks later...

I will be ordering them in a couple weeks to try in some of my locations. I was at a trade show last week and they are supposed to be able to accept CC's with in the next few weeks. I have cc readers in one location that wanted them. Yes I have seen an increase in sales but not enough to warent the expense.

Archived