Tractor time has no sound

Pete Schweddy

I had been looking into picking up a Tractor Time once as part of a multi-unit deal, but ultimately backed out so I didn't get it. However, the guy who was showing it to me early on stated there was a volume control "knob"inside- though he didn't point it out. Might be a place to start there, at least until someone with more "hands on" experience can chime in. Good luck!

As far as the game itself, I am not impressed !!  I bought one used not working this past January. The guy I bought it from was in the process of replacing a motor which tech support with OK Mfg advised him to replace to correct a shutting down issue. I finished his replacement  and still had the original issue. Thru pain staking diagnostics ,  I discovered the "bowl motor" to be the culprit. So, I replaced the bowl motor and the unit was fine.............. until two weeks ago . It is shutting down again , when the tractor goes to swing left/right or at the end of its swing cycle. So now we already have 2 motors new and are heading out for the third $100.00 motor replacement.......on a game with only around 12,000 plays. The game has 4 of these motors , at $100.00 each with only 12,000 plays that isn't cool IMO. The game itself really sucks to work on.....the main board with the power supply integrated is mounted way in the side rear of the game and for me very difficult to get at to change or for diagnostics. The wires going on the board , are not keyed , or in a connector which would aid in reinstalling them. If you remove several wires, or replace the board, it is a pain as all the wires are on a 2 wire connector which you could easily mix up if you don't CAREFULLY mark them. This game also has a tremendous amount of moving parts, bushings, washers , etc, which I am afraid will wear fast due to all the various movements of the tractor/claw assembly. I hear thru the grapevine OK Mfg is in the process of making new ones , I sincerely hope they get better motors and also I hope they make them much easier to work on when problems arise.

As far as the game itself, I am not impressed !!  I bought one used not working this past January. The guy I bought it from was in the process of replacing a motor which tech support with OK Mfg advised him to replace to correct a shutting down issue. I finished his replacement  and still had the original issue. Thru pain staking diagnostics ,  I discovered the "bowl motor" to be the culprit. So, I replaced the bowl motor and the unit was fine.............. until two weeks ago . It is shutting down again , when the tractor goes to swing left/right or at the end of its swing cycle. So now we already have 2 motors new and are heading out for the third $100.00 motor replacement.......on a game with only around 12,000 plays. The game has 4 of these motors , at $100.00 each with only 12,000 plays that isn't cool IMO. The game itself really sucks to work on.....the main board with the power supply integrated is mounted way in the side rear of the game and for me very difficult to get at to change or for diagnostics. The wires going on the board , are not keyed , or in a connector which would aid in reinstalling them. If you remove several wires, or replace the board, it is a pain as all the wires are on a 2 wire connector which you could easily mix up if you don't CAREFULLY mark them. This game also has a tremendous amount of moving parts, bushings, washers , etc, which I am afraid will wear fast due to all the various movements of the tractor/claw assembly. I hear thru the grapevine OK Mfg is in the process of making new ones , I sincerely hope they get better motors and also I hope they make them much easier to work on when problems arise.

Good information, thank you very much for the insight! I'll keep that in mind before I pick any up in the future.

Archived