Snack machine light bulb question.

Apple Leisure

Hi all.  I have an AP 112 snack machine with a flourescent bulb that lights up but will go out right away quickly unless the bulb is positioned 'just so', and that is not quite where the bulb should go, which is all the way twisted in.  Could it be that the bulb itself is having a problem keeping the charge so to speak or is the problem more likely with the machine.

Thanks

Thanks AZ.  I actually put a brand new FS2 in there just in case (I carry them with me).  But since the starter was able to fully light the bulb I didn't think it would be the culprit.  I mean, after the starter lights the bulb you can actually remove it and the bulb will stay lit, at least under normal circumstances.

Thanks AZ.  I actually put a brand new FS2 in there just in case (I carry them with me).  But since the starter was able to fully light the bulb I didn't think it would be the culprit.  I mean, after the starter lights the bulb you can actually remove it and the bulb will stay lit, at least under normal circumstances.

If the light is working with the starter in this way then you have a bad lamp socket on one side if you still have to position the bulb in just the right way to get it to work.  That is, as long as the pins are straight on the ends of the bulb.

Archived