Hi

JAMMAN

Just a junior vending wanna be, I have 2X DN501's and a Seaga HF3500 for snacks. Placed where I work with the general managers blessings. So I'm not pro I just do it for the guys at work and make a little money.

My machines are rebuilt junk, I get good prices and fix them myself except for the latest DN which I bought as a working unit and it didn't so I am fixing it too.

Been lurking for a while, looking around for tips and tricks and performance comparisons of coin mechs and bill changers.

Thanks for providing a place specific to Vending-

Jim

Just a junior vending wanna be, I have 2X DN501's and a Seaga HF3500 for snacks. Placed where I work with the general managers blessings. So I'm not pro I just do it for the guys at work and make a little money.

My machines are rebuilt junk, I get good prices and fix them myself except for the latest DN which I bought as a working unit and it didn't so I am fixing it too.

Been lurking for a while, looking around for tips and tricks and performance comparisons of coin mechs and bill changers.

Thanks for providing a place specific to Vending-

Jim

Welcome to the forum.  The DN501's are probably the best mid sized soda machine available and worth fixing - parts are plentiful.  Unfortunately the Seaga is probably a machine to avoid as they're not well made and parts will be more of an issue with this one.

Thanks for the welcomes and yes I spend an amount of time rescuing people at my Seaga sometimes for a whole row of tossed chips when the spring binds. Strangely enough it is the biggest money maker so far but hopefully that will change when I get the second DN up and running correctly.

Just a word on the bound up spiral in your Seaga snack machine - don't stuff products into the spirals and keep the shelves clean.  Size your products to the spirals you have so the products aren't tight in the spiral.  Clean the sticky chip residue off the shelves with an orange-based cleaner so the bags don't stick to the shelf.  You can also retime your spirals by pulling out the plastic spiral hub from the motor and turning it slightly in whichever direction will help push the products off better, then set the hub back into the motor in one of the other possible positions.

Archived