Upgrading coin mech

nrod7

I recently had trouble upgrading a Dixie Narco 348 single price (dummie plug), BA30 and Mars TRC-6000.

To a Mars 24 volt 2512 and a Coinco (34 DC) coin mech  with the S II harness.  I spent a couple of hours checking and rechecking my work.

I found out that I had to go into the settings, into the COIn / COIN MECH SELECTION, and change the setting to recognize the Coinco mdb  mech.

Frustrating but rewarding after it worked correctly.

Now,  I would like to change the Coinco mdb mech to a Quantum pro ( double quarter stack, vin is .75) in a Dixie Narco 276 E.  I attempted to do this

months ago with out success.

What steps do I need to take in order to upgrade this Dixie Narco 276E with the Quantum Pro?

Thanks,

nrod7

I, too, have failed to get a quantum pro to work on a Dixie Narco (501T with SII board and 501E with SIID board). I got the same coin mech to work with a USI snack machine.

I believe the problem is that quantums simply don't want to work with a lot of machines. I completely blame coinco for this and I will not buy a quantum pro or a vortex. Coinco 9302-gx all the way for 3-tube MDB, and mars VN 4512(I think) for 4-tube. I'm not too picky on the mars coin mech but I believe the 9302-gx is just a great 3-tube mech. I've heard about problems on here regarding the 6512's or whatever they are.

I have a quantum pro in my truck that has been in there for at least 9 months. I might just give it to Randy.

Yea man I tried  the Quantum 700 on another location (DN 368 ,DSII), the 2512 Mars validator worked like a champ.   I could even drop the coins directly into the changer Quantum 700 series and the machine dropped a soda,  the coin mech would not work with the door closed and thru the coin chute.

There has got to be a simple solution!!  Thanks AngryChris.   Any other vending wizards have any suggestions?

nrod7 

Yea man I tried the Quantum 700 on another location (DN 368 ,DSII), the 2512 Mars validator worked like a champ. I could even drop the coins directly into the changer Quantum 700 series and the machine dropped a soda, the coin mech would not work with the door closed and thru the coin chute.

There has got to be a simple solution!! Thanks AngryChris. Any other vending wizards have any suggestions?

nrod7

I'm confused by your post. Did the mech work properly in a different machine or not?

Yea man I tried  the Quantum 700 on another location (DN 368 ,DSII), the 2512 Mars validator worked like a champ.   I could even drop the coins directly into the changer Quantum 700 series and the machine dropped a soda,  the coin mech would not work with the door closed and thru the coin chute.

There has got to be a simple solution!!  Thanks AngryChris.   Any other vending wizards have any suggestions?

nrod7 

If you can drop coins into the top of the coin mech and they are credited which then results in a vend, then the coin mech is fine.  If the same mech then won't work when the door is closed you should look for a physical impediment to the coin mech working.  This means that something is blocking the inlet to the mech, the machine coin return might be misadjusted and pressing on the c/r of the mech, the mech is mounted too high or low on the mounting screws, or maybe there are too many harnesses jumbled up around the coin mech.

You guys are the best, to answer AngryChris, yes, the Quantum 700 was working fine in a DN 501.  That is what is so baffling.  Secondly, locally i got the same advice locally to

check the machine, chute, wires that could be blocking the coin mech feed.  In addition, this tech claimed that if the coin release lever (pushes down on coin release lever of coin

mech) is not

not adjusted it may be pushing down on the coin mech release.

may be pushing down on the coin mech release.

Thanks for the support!!

Respectfully,

nrod7

Archived