How long will product stay fresh

nrod7

I understand there are different factors but in general, product fresh out of the box for dubble bubble gumballs, and caruba wax covered "handful of

pieces" ( gone fishing, Rascals, Ooh baby pacifiers) how long should it stay fresh?

Has any one ever heard of capsule machine toys expiring?  Or is my local wholesale trying to pull a fast one.

Thanks,

nrod7

Sticky mix has a shelf life of about two years. After that they're not so sticky as they are gooey, and at least for me unfit for sale. That's about the only capped product I can think of offhand that had any "expiring" point. Everything else will be fine forever basically- I've bought machines with old stock from the 90's that I turned around and sold off in the junk mix with everything else.

Gumballs last a very long time- mine usually fade long before they start cracking from age. Barring that, I'd put my outermost limit on gum at 8 months or so.

Runts and those sort of candies are basically invincible. I'm pretty sure you could put them in a vault, bury it in the ground, and whoever digs it up in a thousand years can probably eat them the same as they went in. As for actual freshness, I'd think like a year or so would probably be the outermost, but if you can't sell out that fast you have bigger problems than the quality of your candy.

Good luck!

Sticky mix has a shelf life of about two years. After that they're not so sticky as they are gooey, and at least for me unfit for sale. That's about the only capped product I can think of offhand that had any "expiring" point. Everything else will be fine forever basically- I've bought machines with old stock from the 90's that I turned around and sold off in the junk mix with everything else.

Gumballs last a very long time- mine usually fade long before they start cracking from age. Barring that, I'd put my outermost limit on gum at 8 months or so.

Runts and those sort of candies are basically invincible. I'm pretty sure you could put them in a vault, bury it in the ground, and whoever digs it up in a thousand years can probably eat them the same as they went in. As for actual freshness, I'd think like a year or so would probably be the outermost, but if you can't sell out that fast you have bigger problems than the quality of your candy.

Good luck!

The army put a bunch of pressed dextrose candy in the desert for a decade, it was still good.

Granted it was plain, the flavors and colors would probably go off in Runts.

Archived