Vendo 480 keeping $

allen watson

I have a V480 with a Coinco Mag30B and an MEI CF700 mdb that occasionally miss counts the change to be returned. Specifically when a $5 bill is used on a .75 item it will give 1.25 back, shorting the customer $3. I recently replaced the board, Validator and mech. Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That might mean that it's crediting a $5 as if it was $2 only.  You should try a fistfull of 5s and see if you can duplicate it.  You'll need to watch the display closely as you want to see if the credit begins as $5 and then changes.  You'll also be able to tell if the coin mech payout is sticking and not actually paying the coins.  It might be that the payout solenoid overheats or binds up and doesn't fire properly to pay coins.  If the problem is in the bills being credited as 2s then you'll need to rebuild the validator.

Here's what I saw. The $5 was inserted and read 5.00. The selection button was depressed, the product vended and right in the middle of dispensing the change the screen suddenly just zeroed-out and was ready to be used again. It doesn't do it every time. Only about 1 in 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would think the changer is faulty in thinking that it dispensed change when it did not. My other thought is to make sure the changer is programmed to the cassette. It may think quarters are dollar coins.

Think about it: Vend price is .75, so change for $5 is 5 coins: 1 quarter and 4 dollar coins, but instead of dollar coins, there are quarters. 5 quarters is $1.25.

It's cassette config or quarters are in the dollar tube.

I would think the changer is faulty in thinking that it dispensed change when it did not. My other thought is to make sure the changer is programmed to the cassette. It may think quarters are dollar coins.

Think about it: Vend price is .75, so change for $5 is 5 coins: 1 quarter and 4 dollar coins, but instead of dollar coins, there are quarters. 5 quarters is $1.25.

It's cassette config or quarters are in the dollar tube.

That's the problem that I had with a Mars 7500 coin mech, it turned out that it had 1 dollar wrote over a quarter slot that I didn't notice.

John

Archived