Nw super 60

AMD Snacks

e2b2ea4f183fa4153c52209d7ded2e2e.jpgb0021dbaaccac52fb7ea2bd5a5ab5f65.jpg2a71b06b36009390171e5418e122c54e.jpg

I have a few nw super 60's but know very little about them. Do you have to lift the whole thing off the base to collect your coins like in my picture? Also the other pictures show some paint chipped and a small crack. The crack I'm thinking no one will notice but what's the opinion on that, important enough to replace the globe? And any one know where to get that kind of paint? Thanks for any help

To answer your questions in order:

Yes, you lift the whole unit to collect the coins. Lift it up and give it a quarter turn and it'll sit on the raised parts so you can scoop out your riches. If you've got A&A mechs or "older" NW mechs, I'd advise you to check the chute cover, as mine usually drop between 75 cents to $1.25 in change up there each cycle.

I recommend Krylon or Rustoleum "heavy duty" spray paints. My personal favorite is the Rustoleum "Hammered" (HERE) for the variety of colors, and the textured finish that really hides any surface defects or scratches.

Globes is more up to your operating standards and locations. If I've got a globe that's got a crack or two towards the bottom, I'll turn it to the least-noticeable side, and have it in the centerline of a rack so it's not getting abused/made worse. Most locations won't even notice when the unit is filled up. At a glance, I'd say turn that side of the globe to the back, and don't worry about it. A yellowed globe is worse (in my opinion anyway) than a globe with a crack or two in it.

Hopefully that gives you a place to start- good luck sir!

Thanks these are my first nw..I had always thought they had trays. . Ohwell, sounds like you have a wide variety of machines, doesn't get hard to keep track of?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

There are trays available for NW units, but they're more trouble than they're worth. I've only ever had one, and I took it out since it's easier just to scoop it all into a bag than to fight with the tray. A few quarters would usually fall between the tray and the body of the machine anyway too.

I started off buying literally whatever was in my price range. Here's a screenshot of my "old" organizational chart- this is far from a comprehensive list, but this is where you can actually "see" where I learned what to buy and what not to buy.  ;)

010be5f9523f64ff28d21f762beb29e8.png

I still buy things that intriuge me that aren't necessarily "name brand" or "normal", but I've usually got plans or aspirations for them above and beyond the norm. The bulk of my operation today is made up of Northwestern though. To keep it all organized, I've got a spreadsheet for locations that lists all the equipment with links to photos- though most of my gear is pretty memorable. Once you've had a bad day with each of those, it's mighty hard to forget it. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey so I was painting my machine a nice shade of black using that hammered spray paint. Any one know how, or if you can get that shiny silver paper stuff off the nw to paint it? or you just have to tape it up real nice? I painted mine and taped it, but there's still a very small line of red showing right there.    

post-10601-0-81988600-1443239233_thumb.png

Archived