QR Codes or keypad codes for a sandwich-type machine (e.g., National 431)?

ITgoose

Hi.  Newbie question.  I am looking into a way to supply generic IT parts (power cords, mice, webcams, etc.) in my office, easier.  Is there a way for a vending machine such as a National 431 to read QR codes or accept department numbers punched in on the key pad and have the machine keep a list of transactions or tie into either an email or other internal system to bill the proper department?  Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

Not a 431 but maybe a later 432. You'd need to check with National. Generally what you're asking a vending machine to do is not what they are designed for, payment-wise. Wittern/USI modifies some of their machines for specialty purposes like this and they've been used in places like Google and Facebook to dispense the kind of items you want to control. They modify normal snack machines and adjust the spirals for the various items. There are also specialty machines made for tool rooms that have those same features. Google terms like 'tool room control' or 'parts room control' for information.

Another cheaper solution is to buy a plain snack vending machine that is MDB with the correct validator that will accept vending coupons. Then you can simply assign and mark the vending coupons for each person or dept. 

https://www.vendingcoupons.com/

You could planogram the machine and then match what is sold to what coupons where used to buy items. 

Fastenal uses vending machines to control inventory in manufacturing environments.  You might call them and see what they use and contact that manufacturer. 

Did you see my post? They are USI/Wittern machines. :) 

Archived