Locks and Keys and things

Workman Vending

Does A&A have a default key code like Northwestern does with their 705 locks?  If so, what is it?

I'm running my A&As with the locks that came with them and I'm trying to figure out if I'm using a common key code.  No. I don't really want to tell you what it is. ;)

I aim to replace them all with same-keyed locks, but for now this is what I have.

Also is there still a source for locks that fit Seaga Millennia machines that aren't keyed SM112?   Even better if there's a source where I can get these locks that are keyed the same as my NW/Oak/A&A locks.

I can attest that NC705s and A&A's 705 locks are different.  The keys won't even fit each other.

I'm looking at LAI's locks right now and it looks like they might be reselling Chicago locks, maybe?  Does anybody know if they can make locks to any code or if they have their own set that they use?

Also who can tell me anything about NW locks with the NOW1 code?  I found a decent size batch of those I can pick up pretty cheap.

I can attest that NC705s and A&A's 705 locks are different. The keys won't even fit each other.

I'm looking at LAI's locks right now and it looks like they might be reselling Chicago locks, maybe? Does anybody know if they can make locks to any code or if they have their own set that they use?

Also who can tell me anything about NW locks with the NOW1 code? I found a decent size batch of those I can pick up pretty cheap.

i talked to LAI at the show in Vegas, and if I remember right they assign you a code, they have a lot more codes and would be a lesser chance of someone in your area having the same key.

I have some of the NOW1 locks too, nothing special about it, just a lock.

I guess what I'm really asking is until I'm able to convert to same-keyed and get my own key code, what codes are so common that I should avoid using them at all costs?  I know NC705 is one, and A&A's 405.  I imagine all of A&A's would be on the list since they only seem to have like 10 different keys.

There are always people that will steal from your machines, almost always a competitor. But if your locations know you that is hard to do. I have some high security locks but only use them in locations with proven theft issues (and there are not that many). So I use a straight blade key (not round) everywhere I can because high security locks take longer to unscrew. Sounds like a small issue but when you are on a route that has all racks with multiple machines the time difference makes a big difference.

Archived