Vending machine malfunction

gcobio

I have a snackshop machine that when a dollar is put into the validator, the machine indicates .90 was put in and another dime has to be put in if you are attempting tp purchase something for a dollar. It also returns change as if .90 was put in if purchasing something for less than a dollar. Does anyone know why this would be occurring and what I can do to fix this?

That sounds like a bad logic board that has a corrupted checksum.  Try powering off for a couple of minutes and then see if it's corrected.  If not then turn it off, disconnect power to the validator and power back up.  Make a couple of higher priced purchases with coins only and see if it works okay including paying correct change.  If so then power off and reconnect the validator.  Power up and test a couple of more vends with coins only, then try some dollar bills and see if the issue is corrected.  If not then you'll need a new logic board.  You can email me at rbepic4gatgmaildotcom if you need one.

Have you personal seen this happen?

I will not say this cannot happen but I like to.

The bill acceptor sends 1 pulse to the board for each dollar so the problem is not the BA or harness.

That leaves us with a one in a million board failure, or the problem was wrongly described.

Most likely the dime tube is not always pay when it should so Sue got shorted a dime and told Jim who told Bob who told you.

Walta

If this is a Automatic Product LCM you need to check the pulse per dollar setting. to do this you need to hit the service mode button then button D - the display will say bill - then press button D again the display should show 20 if it doesn't show 20 use the up arrow to change it. when done press the service mode button again and then test it.

This setting is how many 5 cent pulses to send per dollar bill . I believe yours will show 18 which equals .90 cents

If you don't have any display lit or either of the two LEDs lit on the top of your logic board then you should check for correct voltage out of your transformer.  Also verify that your door switches are good and their wires are good.  You could also have a bad EMF filter or bad power supply board.  Check for a blown fuse (AGC 3/4 amp, 250v) on the power terminal board next to the power supply board.  If it's blown and then blows again when replaced then you might have a bad coin mech or validator.  To find out, unplug both and power up to see if the fuse blows.  If it does then something like the transformer or power supply board is bad.  If it doesn't blow then power down and plug the coin mech in.  Power up and see if it blows.  If so then your mech is bad.  If not then power down and connect the validator.  Power up and if the fuse blows your validator is bad.

This type of problem requires thorough troubleshooting in an organized way.  You should also be capable with a volt/ohm meter.  Your board would have been a good indication of what to look for.  If both it's red and green LEDs were off then you would look for the machine unplugged, a bad power cord or the fuse on the terminal board blown.  If only the red LED was on then that would mean you had low voltage coming into the machine (less than 105v).  If only the green LED was on that means you have proper voltage to the board.

Archived