Compressor clicks on and right back off

dccd

Hello, my DN - 169 Dr Pepper machine will make a noise and stop and do it again and again every 30 seconds or so. Is it the compressor? Nothing is cold, fan works still (I replaced it a couple months ago). I have had it unplugged since it started doing this. Any help is always appreciated!

Compressor is stuck. I had one do that. I hit it pretty hard with a 2x4 on the big round part and it started working again only to quit a few weeks later. I replaced the unit and put the bad one on the bench to play with. I found that if I dropped it from about 3' off the ground it would work for 2 days but if I whacked it with a board it would work for 3 days. Lol. Still sitting on my bench 1 year later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 5 weeks later...

Compressor is stuck. I had one do that. I hit it pretty hard with a 2x4 on the big round part and it started working again only to quit a few weeks later. I replaced the unit and put the bad one on the bench to play with. I found that if I dropped it from about 3' off the ground it would work for 2 days but if I whacked it with a board it would work for 3 days. Lol. Still sitting on my bench 1 year later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where did you get a replacement from?

Hello, my DN - 169 Dr Pepper machine will make a noise and stop and do it again and again every 30 seconds or so. Is it the compressor? Nothing is cold, fan works still (I replaced it a couple months ago). I have had it unplugged since it started doing this. Any help is always appreciated!

A couple of things to check. Make sure the vendor is at least 4" away from wall and condenser is clean.  It could be getting hot and kicking off on the overload. Also make sure it isn't plugged into a light 18 gauge or long extension cord. Both will cause it to run on low voltage and do the samething.  

• 2 weeks later...

Archived