Police stations as vending location

NYvending

I have a police station that would like vending machines. Staff count is at 50 but all my equipment is currently placed so I would need to buy more machines. I know logic is to move slower machines but I just moved my slower ones to new spots so they haven't been in there new accounts long enough for me to know if I should move them again.

The staff count looks good but I heard passing comments from two other operators that police stations had not performed well for them so I wanted to get a few more opinions.

I have a police station that would like vending machines. Staff count is at 50 but all my equipment is currently placed so I would need to buy more machines. I know logic is to move slower machines but I just moved my slower ones to new spots so they haven't been in there new accounts long enough for me to know if I should move them again.

The staff count looks good but I heard passing comments from two other operators that police stations had not performed well for them so I wanted to get a few more opinions.

At least you won't have to worry about vandalism  ;D  ;D  ;D  That said, I'd guess that's there's not more than twenty five people there at any given time but contrary to popular opinion, the right twenty five people may be all you need.

Need more info than what you are giving.

How much and what type of equipment?

current pricing?

commission?

how often are they currently getting service? 

public access? 

I have a police station about that size. It sucks. My slowest account ever. The problem is that most of the people that work there aren't there all day. They come and go all day so they aren't stuck with vending as their only option. They also do their own little fund raising. Always crap for sale on the counter for some school or charity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RJ,

They don't currently have vending services which struck me as odd.

I would buy refurbished machines but they want snack and drink so I'd say $3-4K for two machines.

I price around $1.00-$1.50 on 90% of what I sell.

No commission was agreed to but I've brought equipment into places only to have them ask for it later.

No public access just for staff.

Most appealing thing is it's my towns local station so they are only a mile from my home.

Allen funny enough that was the same thing other operators told me which is why they said to avoid them.

RJ,

They don't currently have vending services which struck me as odd.

I would buy refurbished machines but they want snack and drink so I'd say $3-4K for two machines.

I price around $1.00-$1.50 on 90% of what I sell.

No commission was agreed to but I've brought equipment into places only to have them ask for it later.

No public access just for staff.

Most appealing thing is it's my towns local station so they are only a mile from my home.

Allen funny enough that was the same thing other operators told me which is why they said to avoid them.

Me personally I would not do it at all but sounds like you might want to try it. Plus doing the local police dept is never really a bad thing for a local vendor to do for PR and to have them on your side if you ever need them when it comes to break ins or vandalism of your machines. In situations like this I would suggest getting them to try a drink only machine and see the numbers then figure out if a snack machine would work. Because it is a police station a honor box snack or even a honor snack and drink might would be a better fit if you really wanted to try it that way pretty cheap. 

I started out putting a snack into my county sheriff's office training center.  7-up already had soda in there and gave them a discounted price I couldn't touch.  The snacks did so poorly I ended up pulling out after a while.  I guess I didn't put enough donuts in. ;D   That one lead to snack and pop in the dispatch center.  Only a couple of deputies, mostly civilian dispatchers/call-takers.  It started out strong then fizzled out over a few years.  Ended up pulling out eventually also.  Anyway, that lead to snack and pop in an outpost location with the same sheriff's office I told them I'd do on a trial basis.  That one does OK, not a gang-buster, but I'm OK with it.  That one recently lead to another spot in their undercover division.  So far it's a little slow, sells more pop than snack, but I'm hoping for it to grow as they'll be transferring other divisions into the same facility.  Sometimes I will go into a location based on expected future growth.  

The police stations are generally not good revenue accounts. Especially if the machine is in non-public area. Maybe they can wait until you have another slow machine available. That way you won't have to buy machines. They've gone this long without, why not another 30 or 60 days?

We have one, its not that good but we have gotten some descent accounts because of it. Like RJT said, PR. That's the only reason we haven't pulled it. With that said, I wouldn't personally go buy machines for one. We set the account because we had just pulled some machines and we got the police department with a group of other accounts

My location is in the public lobby and is super slow.

Although I did get the city offices next door because of it.

That's the problem with too much welfare - they're all too lazy to steal anything.  ;D  ;D  ;D

Do it!!! Its always good to know the good guys patrolling your town....never know when you are speeding or run a stop sign.

But dont spend to much money

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I didnt even think of this! good point though, just make small talk with the guys and who knows maybe when someone breaks into one of your machines they might be a little more helpful.

I actually service a court house and ive got off on a speeding ticket, the judge that signed the contract was the same judge that I was assigned and he just shook his head and told me to make sure the diet dr pepper was full before I left!

I actually service a court house and ive got off on a speeding ticket, the judge that signed the contract was the same judge that I was assigned and he just shook his head and told me to make sure the diet dr pepper was full before I left!

Thats too funny! did you have to bid on this because it was a public court?

Thanks for the feedback guys. I decided I didn't want to invest in anymore equipment until everything I have in the field is located in profitable homes so I told them they will need to wait 30 days till something becomes available. If they find another vendor before then so be it.

These are okay to try when you have spare equipment sitting around.

ff87d64df188bcd4d5a61a93dd633f42.jpgThis is my police station machine. An old AP 500 with an added bill Validator. Probably should be in a museum. Lol

These are okay to try when you have spare equipment sitting around.

ff87d64df188bcd4d5a61a93dd633f42.jpgThis is my police station machine. An old AP 500 with an added bill Validator. Probably should be in a museum. Lol

Not that bad of a machine. Throw a new black tuff fronts kit on it and it would look pretty decent.

hahaha I get 25 bucks a week out of it at a slow location. It's the gift that keeps on giving.

Indeed, I mean no offense. There are few places you could get away with using that machine. Looks good for a late 70's model.

Archived