Police stations as vending location

NYvending

Indeed, I mean no offense. There are few places you could get away with using that machine. Looks good for a late 70's model.

I'm not offended. I am amazed how well it still works. I believe it was made in 1979. I had a brand new 8 track tape player that year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Typically city police departments and 911 centers don't generate much volume from my experience. Oddly enough though the county Sheriff's departments aren't that bad. I too benefitted from working the vending machines at the Sheriff's office. I finished my route and was on my way back to the warehouse when I got pulled over for speeding. I knew I was pushing the envelope but didn't realize I was going 75 mph. Thankfully the deputy recognized me from working the machines and let me off with a warning. So yes they can have their benefits. Now if you want to push some product try getting into the detention centers and state/federal prisons. Yes they kill you on commissions but it helps to increase your volume to increase buying power. And by the time you pay commissions you still make a lil profit but just not as much as one would think.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd say do it. I have a couple. 100 bucks a week is the best it does with 40 employees. Most of that prolly comes from the cleaning staff. However, I have gotten out of at least one ticket by being in their. It is good pr and there is nothing wrong with giving back to the good guys every once in awhile. After all, they are the ones running towards the danger when everyone else is running away!

• 4 weeks later...

So  I have a local police dept (can drink & snack w/ a full service pepsi bottle next to them) and the sheriff's office/detention center (2 drink/ 2 snack). The local pd averages less than  $200/ month, the SO does closer to $1k/month with two having public access which actually don't do as well as the others.  I don't know the number of people but neither are large depts.

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't recommend a machine at a PD or sheriff's dept... like someone said, one problem you are going to face is that most of the personnel are not stuck there all day, so they will go some place elsee and get "real" food... also, there are a lot of places that give law enforcement free coffee or fountain drinks (even though most departments have a no gratuity rule)... most of the officers I know are cheap and will go for the free stuff every time as long as they can get away with it....

Archived