Genesis GO -380

TJVending

Hey everyone. I'm new to the forum and new to the business. Wish I had read up on this forum before purchasing my machine. I have two issues and could use some help.

1.) My coin validator is not reading the coins when inserted thru the coin slot. It will however give you the correct change.

2.) My refrigeration system is not getting cold. I have set the thermostat to a lower temp, and cleaned the condenser.

I would really appreciate any and all help you could provide. Thanks in advance, and I look forward to all of your help and advice.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Hey everyone. I'm new to the forum and new to the business. Wish I had read up on this forum before purchasing my machine. I have two issues and could use some help.

1.) My coin validator is not reading the coins when inserted thru the coin slot. It will however give you the correct change.

2.) My refrigeration system is not getting cold. I have set the thermostat to a lower temp, and cleaned the condenser.

I would really appreciate any and all help you could provide. Thanks in advance, and I look forward to all of your help and advice.

Your acceptor head in the coin mech is bad and you'll need to replace it.  However, with that machine. I'd first make sure that you can actually get the chill deck to work before pumping any more money into it.  As I'm sure you're aware by now, this is not a machine any of us would recommend and may not be worth any extensive chill deck repairs.

Your compressor may only need to be recharged if it runs all the time but doesn't get cold enough. It might have also frozen your evaporator and before you have someone recharge it you'll need to defrost the evaporator by unplugging the machine or turning the thermostat off so the compressor goes off. If you hear the compressor run for a short time then turn off before repeating that could be either the bad thermostat or a bad compressor short cycling. If you hear the compressor try to start but then click off for a long time then you have a bad compressor. For the coin issue, you'll need a replacement coin acceptor for it. All of these issues together will probably add up to more than the machine is worth so you need to decide whether you want to fix this machine or put that money into a real vending machine.

I have 7 of those. You can buy a new coin mech from Capital vending for around $100 if they have any left. Don't hesitate, just buy it. While you are waiting on the coin mech, pull the refer out and take it to a shop that repairs HVAC equipment. I had one that wouldn't cool because of ice build-up an another due to a hole in one of the copper lines ($375). Your already committed, so just suck it up, get it fixed and put

it out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have 7 of those. You can buy a new coin mech from Capital vending for around $100 if they have any left. Don't hesitate, just buy it. While you are waiting on the coin mech, pull the refer out and take it to a shop that repairs HVAC equipment. I had one that wouldn't cool because of ice build-up an another due to a hole in one of the copper lines ($375). Your already committed, so just suck it up, get it fixed and put

it out there.

You're absolutely right. I have to just deal with it. Thanks for the straight talk.

Your compressor may only need to be recharged if it runs all the time but doesn't get cold enough. It might have also frozen your evaporator and before you have someone recharge it you'll need to defrost the evaporator by unplugging the machine or turning the thermostat off so the compressor goes off. If you hear the compressor run for a short time then turn off before repeating that could be either the bad thermostat or a bad compressor short cycling. If you hear the compressor try to start but then click off for a long time then you have a bad compressor. For the coin issue, you'll need a replacement coin acceptor for it. All of these issues together will probably add up to more than the machine is worth so you need to decide whether you want to fix this machine or put that money into a real vending machine.

Thank you for the advice. I will be having a tech come out and check the refrigeration system.

Your acceptor head in the coin mech is bad and you'll need to replace it. However, with that machine. I'd first make sure that you can actually get the chill deck to work before pumping any more money into it. As I'm sure you're aware by now, this is not a machine any of us would recommend and may not be worth any extensive chill deck repairs.

Fingers crossed that it isn't anything crazy. I will be getting estimates to see how much it would be to repair the refrigeration system. Lesson learned.

You're absolutely right. I have to just deal with it. Thanks for the straight talk.

Didn't mean to sound so blunt. I had one in my garage with the same issues. I had to just spend the $$ to get it working. It's in a teachers lounge at a high school barely making $25 a week. That's okay because it keeps the staff happy and I get the the student lunch room with 3 drink machines. Hope it works out for you.

Thank you for the advice. I will be having a tech come out and check the refrigeration system.

Fingers crossed that it isn't anything crazy. I will be getting estimates to see how much it would be to repair the refrigeration system. Lesson learned.

Archived