Seeking Veteran Advice... Combo Machines

Hi, I been in the vending business a little over 4 years with a majority of that time dealing only with 3 machines for the past 3 years. Just recently (3 months ago) I acquired a big account and a few smaller ones. At this big account, I have 9 machines in 6 locations. They have other facilities that they want me to move onto as well. Now, being the vending rookie that I am, I spent over 30k on machines, transport, inventory, maintenance, etc and yup, you guessed it, I bought 3 combo machines.

Two of these combo machines are in the big location (Iron Mountain) and one is in a party rental shipment place by my house. Both places strongly requested combo machines for the sake of space. As you could have guessed, I have to refill these machines every week. They each make around $200-250 a month. The standalone machines make a lot less, say $25-50 a month.

For Iron Mountain (the big account) I originally ordered 4 AP7600's for their main locations but made an amateur mistake of not measuring the doors. I hear that they're really good machines so I kept them for when the time comes.

My question is, it seems like all of the high inventory snack machines are too big for the average door (36") and I would like to know about some high inventory machines that can actually fit through these 36" doors that seem to be at 90% of the locations I come across.

So:

1. What are some deep high inventory snack machines that can fit through the average 35-36" door.

2. Do my accounts seem worth it? I know I didn't go into detail so please feel free to ask away.

3. Is there anyway to take the door off an AP 7600 so that it would fit through the average door?

Btw, I have 20 machines now so just giving up now isn't an option. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Hi, I been in the vending business a little over 4 years with a majority of that time dealing only with 3 machines for the past 3 years. Just recently (3 months ago) I acquired a big account and a few smaller ones. At this big account, I have 9 machines in 6 locations. They have other facilities that they want me to move onto as well. Now, being the vending rookie that I am, I spent over 30k on machines, transport, inventory, maintenance, etc and yup, you guessed it, I bought 3 combo machines.

Two of these combo machines are in the big location (Iron Mountain) and one is in a party rental shipment place by my house. Both places strongly requested combo machines for the sake of space. As you could have guessed, I have to refill these machines every week. They each make around $200-250 a month. The standalone machines make a lot less, say $25-50 a month.

For Iron Mountain (the big account) I originally ordered 4 AP7600's for their main locations but made an amateur mistake of not measuring the doors. I hear that they're really good machines so I kept them for when the time comes.

My question is, it seems like all of the high inventory snack machines are too big for the average door (36") and I would like to know about some high inventory machines that can actually fit through these 36" doors that seem to be at 90% of the locations I come across.

So:

1. What are some deep high inventory snack machines that can fit through the average 35-36" door.

2. Do my accounts seem worth it? I know I didn't go into detail so please feel free to ask away.

3. Is there anyway to take the door off an AP 7600 so that it would fit through the average door?

Btw, I have 20 machines now so just giving up now isn't an option. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Ap7600 will fit, you need to clamshell them through the doorway by opening the door bring in the door first by going sideways and then the rest of the machine

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Yes you can take the door off but you probably dont need to

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

No offense but based on the revenue numbers you are showing you have bigger problems than machines not fitting through a door and combo machines. I have never seen a door I could not get a vending machine through and that includes taking doors off buildings, off the machine, going in by splitting the machine either door first or cabinet first. 

You need to get a hold of your business and figure out how to get your machine revenue averages up. With the amount of money you have invested and your current revenues you will be in the hole for a very long time. Just because an account is "big" does not mean it is profitable. 

^ agreed. I typically will aim for between 250-300 per machine(Revenue, not profit). I dont usually have any problems like this with most of my accounts. If its on the fence I will try and put older machines and just keep the account to pay for may insurance or something.

A lot of great advice, thanks! RJT, I thought $100 per machine per month would be a decent amount. What's a decent average in your opinion?

You will want to see $100 per week per machine not $100 per month. 

A lot of great advice, thanks! RJT, I thought $100 per machine per month would be a decent amount. What's a decent average in your opinion?

Lets look at these numbers for a minute. You said you invested $30k and have 20 machine.

If all 20 machines are averaging that $100 per month or $25 per week. Assuming you have 100% markup that would leave you with $50 per month net before any other cost associated with the business. Take the $50 net per machine times the 20 machines that is $1000.00 per month net. That means it would take you over 4 years to even pay back the debt because you would take 30 month before any other cost associated with the business such as insurance, fuel, paying yourself, stales etc. With those numbers you are going to have a ton pf product loss to stales.  

I've haven't had a problem moving a machine through a 35-36 door either. I use the clam shell method as well with wheel dolles.

RJT I did that math in my head and I didn't like those numbers.

I learned from you guys to move the machines if they are producing $100/month. NOT GOOD at all. Hope it was typo.

Good luck MIKEwinningvendors!

Archived