Snack mart II randomly giving a "Jackpot of change"

ramy73

Good morning everyone,

I have a SNACK MART II that is been acting funny last friday was the first time it happend that i know is been JACKPOTTING  to a lucky customer and yesterday did it again Spitting out change the good thing is only spitting the nickels but still not good business for me.

Does any one  has encounter a problem like this and how to correct the problem?

Any help is appeciated.

This could be a bad coin mech or a bad logic board.  The first thing to check is to replace the coin mech (must be a 24v, 12 pin mech ONLY).  If that doesn't cure the issue then you'll need a new logic board.  The boards in these machines tend to fail and damage the coin payout solenoids in the coin mechs.  Your mech might be good but until you try another one you won't know.

I just had an SM3 board repaired.  It was jackpotting regardless of which coin mech or validator was in it.  I put it in another machine and it jackpotted again.  Hopefully it will work this time.

If they jackpot randomly, and no obvious bulb is flickering nearby, then it's pretty safe to assume it's the board.  Almost every time a machine begins to jackpot sporadically, it's probably the board.

Archived