USI 2014 mei 2511

AngryChris

I have changed out two boards, two mechs, and two mei 2511's and I still can't get this machine to take a bill. Before, the bill acceptor would not even flash. Since installing a refurbished board, the validator now only flashes in service mode or when a product is being vended, but not in sales mode. I'm lost.

Note: both boards were previously hooked up to BA30's and worked fine.

Chris, have you tried the different interfaces on switches 7 and 8.  You need to go through them to see if you missed setting your validator to the correct communication interface.  Or, why not just continue using the BA30 that works in the first place?

Chris, have you tried the different interfaces on switches 7 and 8. You need to go through them to see if you missed setting your validator to the correct communication interface. Or, why not just continue using the BA30 that works in the first place?

This specific machine had a maka in it, but I needed the board for another machine. Long story short, I used two other boards on it that came from other 3014/5's with ba30b. The MAKA did operate but would not pull bills in, so I put the 2511 in.

I'm going to mess with those settings to see if it changes anything. I have upgraded 3 other 3000 series machines this way without issue.

I would check the pulse settings as AZ said.  I had a similar problem installing a 2411 in a single price Dixie Narco.  I could not figure out what the issue was.  The old Mars that I pulled out had different switch options.  If you know the validator works, take the time and fine out which switch settings it needs.

I would also take time and look to make sure all the connections are well seated on the board.  I have had some very weird problems with USI 3014a's that resulted from the connectors on the board having a slight bow to them.  They seated well on the far ends, but in the middle were not making contact well.  That main board is really tightly mounted in the pullout panel.

I would check the pulse settings as AZ said. I had a similar problem installing a 2411 in a single price Dixie Narco. I could not figure out what the issue was. The old Mars that I pulled out had different switch options. If you know the validator works, take the time and fine out which switch settings it needs.

I would also take time and look to make sure all the connections are well seated on the board. I have had some very weird problems with USI 3014a's that resulted from the connectors on the board having a slight bow to them. They seated well on the far ends, but in the middle were not making contact well. That main board is really tightly mounted in the pullout panel.

Thanks for the tips. I'm going to try to use a different harness just in case. I was going to scrap this thing lol

2511 and the MAKA have different connectors and different mounting hole locations.

Electrically you will need an adaptor harness from vendors exchange or a replacement harness from USI. The VE harness will only work for 1 dollar bills.

Sometimes the brackets can be rearranged to work.

Walta

2511 and the MAKA have different connectors and different mounting hole locations.

Electrically you will need an adaptor harness from vendors exchange or a replacement harness from USI. The VE harness will only work for 1 dollar bills.

Sometimes the brackets can be rearranged to work.

Walta

I bought a 110v usi- mei harness as well as a USI - mei data harness. The old MAKA harness is gone.

Archived