Vendo 720 Problem

Chard

Was told the machine was accepting coins and cash and showing credit, but was not dispensing product no matter what was selected. 

I was not able to observe the problem and ran $10 through without any problems.  So the problem seems to be intermittent. 

Two hours later, got the same call and had happened to 4 or 5 people already.

I suspect a loose ground or bad connection, so I removed control board connections and ground and reseated all connections.

In case it happens again, what could the problem be resulting from.

If this was caused by dirty logic connection then hopefully you fixed that.  What you need to know is what the credit display shows when the machine won't vend.  You also need to know if this is isolated to a single selection or to only specific selections. 

Assuming that this is a machine-wide issue:

If there is no change in the display while selections are made and the credit just sits there until they press the coin return then you have a problem in your selection button circuit such as a shorted or broken wire.  If the display shows 'make another selection' on everything then that tells you the board doesn't see the motor switches so then look for a problem along the wiring of the motor harness back to the board.  If the machine shows 'sold out' for each selection pressed then you might have a bad drop sensor.  One caveat: if the machine thinks every selection is sold out then that message will scroll constantly.  It usually takes a vend attempt of every selection before that happens, though.

From what I was told the credit amount showed on the machine but it would not vend regardless which selection was chosen and would not return change when coin return was pressed.  No sold out message, not indication that anything was wrong.  I was not able to observe the problem myself and cannot verify the validity of the report that I got.

One person said it took coins but did not show any credit at all.  It just took all their money.  There are no coins in the bottom of the door so I know they all made it physically through the mech.

This kind of sounds like a coin mech problem then.  If coins are getting stuck in the mech they won't show on the display.  If the coin return doesn't work then it could again be the coin mech unless you have turned 'force vend' on in the programming.  Coin returns not being recognized on mechs is fairly common and requires replacing the mech.  It's entirely possible to have two or three issues here. 

Just hypothesizing:

Force vend is turned on

Coin return not working on mech (test after force vend is off)

Coin jam in mech, especially if it's in the coin return chute down the side of the mech (requires taking the mech out and checking that chute)

Bad logic board if everything else checks out okay

Archived