School looking to vend items for band.

CajunCandy

My niece is the band teacher at a fairly large school in Houma, LA.

The school ask me about looking for a vending machine to vend items to the students, like reeds and other items.

Seems like the kids show up with out items they need to perform or practice. So I was asked to fine a machine to get them to buy what they need at school.

I asked what is the budget for this machine and a $1000 is what I was told.

My idea is some thing with all candy trays.

Has anybody dealt with this type of request?

cajun 

My niece is the band teacher at a fairly large school in Houma, LA.

The school ask me about looking for a vending machine to vend items to the students, like reeds and other items.

Seems like the kids show up with out items they need to perform or practice. So I was asked to fine a machine to get them to buy what they need at school.

I asked what is the budget for this machine and a $1000 is what I was told.

My idea is some thing with all candy trays.

Has anybody dealt with this type of request?

cajun 

Are they just wanting to buy the machine and stock it themselves? Either way it will be a waste of their time and money because they will not sell enough to make it worth their time or money. Second no machine is really small enough to make this work. Even if you setup a machine with all candy rows it would hold a ton of reeds. 

They are better off just having the reeds and such under lock and key and charge accordingly as students need them. Better yet every time a kid shows up unprepared for band they get to polish all the brass section. I bet soon they will stop forgetting things. 

If they are bound and determined to do this I would think a condom machine would probably work. Just take off the french tickler logos and put new decals showing what reeds are what. before installing at the school. :) 

Only issue with the condom machine is the dollar amount they can use which I think is a total of $1.00 so not sure if that works for what reeds cost and they only take quarters. 

Are they just wanting to buy the machine and stock it themselves? Either way it will be a waste of their time and money because they will not sell enough to make it worth their time or money. Second no machine is really small enough to make this work. Even if you setup a machine with all candy rows it would hold a ton of reeds. 

They are better off just having the reeds and such under lock and key and charge accordingly as students need them. Better yet every time a kid shows up unprepared for band they get to polish all the brass section. I bet soon they will stop forgetting things. 

Yes!

When I talk back to them I will explain to them about never making there money back on machine.

To far for me to even think about trying to service any machine for them!

cajun

Thanks Poplady1.

I think more of what RJT said about keeping supply's in desk drawer would make more sense.

I think that is being handle right now, and they simple want to get away from handling the money and what not.

I will explain to them somebody still will have to buy product and stock machine!

lol!

cajun

• 2 weeks later...

Archived