NAMA technician training

maestro489

Anybody ever tried the NAMA tech training courses. I see they are offering them online now. Especially while I am a small biz I like to do as much of my own repairs as I can and I think this would be a tremendous help. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I didn't know that NAMA offered this.  It might be worthwhile but you'll need to be a member of NAMA and then you'll have to find out if this is for owner/operators or if the students have to be sponsored by an existing vending company.  It is also guaranteed to be expensive and the real issue you'll face is that you won't be able to get any real world training from it because you won't be able to translate what you learn online to any repairs in the field like someone already working for a large vending company would.

You're right the hands on is the best. But if I could take what they're teaching on coin mechs and validators and practice with my own I could get some of the hands on. It's $75 for members and $150 for non-members

So I had to have more info on these courses and after pestering them through email they finally sent me THE chapter on coin mechs and Bill validators. So I read through it and decided that it sucks. They took two pages to talk about Bill validators. Then they listed possible problems you might have but never discussed at all any ways to fix these problems. So it seems like the majority of this course would be about the how things work and basically an introductory to vending.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can't expect to get factory training on mechs and validators from NAMA.  That's not what the program is about.  There are factory Coinco and Mars depots that are properly trained to repair their equipment and that kind of repair is not a DIY thing, regardless what others claim.

Really. That's what I'm looking for can I just find info on that online.

Are you planning on getting into the repair business? In all my years of vending I only know of one vending company that did coin mech and val repairs in house. In the end for most vending companies it is not practical or money saving to try and do it in house. All the bench testing equipment is not cheap much less all the time dedicated to learn how to do it. 

Archived