dixie narco dr. pepper soda machine not working

damionpup

hello im new to this site and to owning a soda machine.... i have a dixie narco.... im not sure which model it is... i was told it need a new siid board so I got one of them.  no change the display stills reads the same... so I was told to replace the display... got that today .... no change the display still does the same thing.... this is what the display is doing....the pic is the type of siid board I have if that helps... any help would be great   thanks

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b129/ghostcivic/th_IMG_4550%201.mp4

post-10858-0-81698900-1444114462_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the forum.

That is a DN E- model machine, most popular size is a 501-E.

They make them in sizes 276E to 600E.

A board would do what you see going on display. 

Where did you get board from?

Did you put coins in coin mech and any product in machine to hold down sold out flap.

cajun

What your display is doing is the result of the board not being compatible with the display you have.  There are two DN SII display types, 7 segment and 14 segment, and if a display does that you have to perform a series of button presses to change the display type in the logic board.  Because of this your original board may still be good.

Here is the button press sequence:

1. Press the service mode switch for 5 sec. and release it.

2. Press and hold select button 5 until the display goes blank. Release the button immediately. (Blank for only a split second) The left character may not go blank.

3. Press and hold button 2 until the display goes blank. Release the button immediately.  The left character may not go blank.

4. Press and hold button 2 again until the display goes blank. Release the button immediately.  The left character may not go blank.

5. Press and hold button 1 until the display goes blank.  The display should now go to "HD" or "Error".

6. If "HD" or "Error" don't appear then unplug the machine for 1 minute and begin the process again.

7. If this process does not work the second time then you may need to repair the logic board.

I would try this with both logic board and see if one or both then work properly.

I think AZ is correct this board is set for a different display than the one you are using.

What was the original problem?

Did you check the fuses on the board before replacing the board?

Walta

I will try that when I get home. The board and display in there now are the ones I got with the machine. I was told the machine worked when I bought it but this is what it has done since I bought it. I company I got it from had it in there stock room unplugged for a few years. Cause it didn't have a lock and people kept opening it to take sodas.

ok  so thank you azvendor   that did work.... hd came up and i could set prices... it does vend now but i think where the cans sit needs adjusted.... some times it doesn't give a can some times it does and the can has dents like its getting cought on something.... so how do I set them right?

Is there a serial number plate on the outside edge of the door?  If so, what is the model number?  Is this an actual E model or not.  It can be three cans deep and not be an E model.  The dented cans and misvends may mean that you have incorrect shims or twisted rotors.  What columns are the dented cans and the misvends coming from?  Are they/it narrow or wide columns?

there is no plate anywhere on it. im thinking its a 276 model but not 100%..... there is a thing inside that say shimless... here are some pic hope they help the misvends are coming from all the slots i think...    thanks

IMG_4555.jpg

IMG_4559.jpg

IMG_4560.jpg

What you seem to have is a 276 (not 276-E) with an SIID board. As with mine, 7up had can machines with newer boards in them.

Your problem may be that your spacers aren't set right. I don't usually see dented cans. Adjust your spacers so there is a 1/2" gap between the can closest to the sold out switch and the switch itself (when it is fully depressed). If it's too tight, the cans could possibly get hung up and get mangled by the rotor

ok.....I think the dented cans are coming from all slots but I need to get more soda and more quarters.... i will figure it out.... more questions tho..... i think the coin mec. is mars.... is there a way to eject the money that's in the changer? or do i have to unscrew the screw and take the plastic cover off to remove the change? also i would like to add a bill validator to this machine... there are so many on ebay and other sites... how do i know which will work and what all is involved in add one of them?:huh:? thank you everybody you all have been so much help already.....

IMG_4557.jpg

Since this is a multiprice machine you are using a logic coin mech which has no payout switches on it.  To pay coins out you must enter the service mode and then press selection buttons 1 & 2 together to enter the first level of the service mode which is HD for historical data.  Then each time you press 1 & 2 together you will step through the top menu.  Continue to the fourth menu item of C-D for coin dump and release the buttons.  Now you can press select buttons 1-3 to pay out your three coin tubes.

You never know the quality of bill validators found on fleabay and I would caution you to stay away from them.  There is a reason that you can find them as cheap as $40 and that's because they are oftentimes only cleaned and tested, then sold.  Even if they put new belts on them that's usually all they do and you can easily have problems with one shortly after you install it due to shortcuts taken.  I can send you a fully rebuilt bill acceptor and appropriate harness for your machine.  You can email be at rbepic4gatgmaildotcom.  I will need to know the exact model of coin mech you currently have so that I know what validator harness to send you.  The coin mech model can be found on the side label of your coin mech.

sooo i have been looking around on this site... i see alot of the folks are big in to vending.. or have a business in it... i have just this one machine.. only cause i got a great deal on it... soooo my question is what do i do with it? :huh:  1( thought is just keep it in my garage and keep soda maybe beer in it...... but im worried bout how much electricity it will be always pulling at my house and how much is the maintenance for just having it sit in the garage......2(  i could find a place outside like a strip-mall sidewalk or corner of a building where there is a bit of foot traffic.... here im worried about do i really have to be a business or have any licenses.... do i need insurance on it... lastly 3( just sell it and get cash for it..... any idea what i should ask for this machine......

now i know its my choice.... im not looking for comments telling me to do what i want to with it..... im just looking for info..... i didnt buy this machine to start a business... but the thought of putting it somewhere for a little extra cash sounds nice lol.....

thank you everybody for all the help....... 

If you don't plan on actually being in business with vending, then I suggest you don't bother putting it anywhere to try to make any money with it.  Yes, you should have general liability and you may need a reseller's license depending on your state.  All of these things add up and it can be a pain if you're too small.  It's also a pain when your product expires because you don't have enough accounts.  I think your best bet is to sell them if you don't plan on doing much with them.  People find vending machines fascinating until they actually have to work on one.

And yes, we are "big in to vending" because that's what we do.  We are vending machine operators just like you'll find people on car forums talking about cars lol.  This forum is a vending forum and that's what we do but the majority of us are serious about the industry and we make serious efforts to make a profit in this cut-throat business.  A lot of outsiders treat vending machines as if it's a fake business but it's no different than any other business.  People like myself aren't exactly obsessed with vending machines or fascinated by them, we just want to make some money and you need to know the industry to do that successfully and effectively.

Archived