BA32R and 9302-GX issues

Gunpowder

When it rains it pours I guess. My Vendo for the nonprofit I work for has a BA32R that quit working. code flashes 5 and when I unplug to rest it counts to 12 indicating a sensor is bad. I assume this is a matter of getting a remanufactor/exchange. Seems to run around $150.

My 9302-GX is reading a NJ code. I noted it works at times then quits. When jammed the coins are in the deaddrop section (no outlet. I did note some moron keeps trying to use $1 coins but when I tested it sent a quarter and dime into the dead area of the bottom part instead of the change box. The light is constant though whihc I think indicates it is working fine. Not sure what is malfunctioning. I see you can send these iun for flat rate repair/exchange for around $50.

Do these sound like it is time to replace?

Side note, how do you keep mice out of your front part of the machine? Seem to like making nests on top of the changer.

I'm not sure what you mean by "dead area."  The way that coin mech is designed, there are one of two things that can happen.  The coins can either go straight through the mech via the narrow path at the side of the mech and fall straight back out the bottom of the mech (and into the coin return where you pick up your change) or the coins will fall into the appropriate tube (if the mech is working properly).  There should be no "dead area" where coins get stuck.  If you have coins stuck in the part where they are supposed to fall through, then you have a coin jam inside that pathway and you need to clear it.

Assuming your problem is that you have a jam inside the mech which keeps building up from the pathway, then you need a long narrow item such as a screwdriver (a thinner one, not the typical size).  Unpower the coin mech, take it out, take the head off of the coin mech, use three fingers to hold the coins in place (or take them out separately, it's up to you, just don't mix them up so you don't have to struggle later) and shake the coin mech a bit to try to get the coins out.  If they still seem to be stuck in there, GENTLY use the screwdriver (or whatever else you have) to try to poke and prod the coins until they loosen up.  DO NOT poke too much as you might make the jam tighter.  Shake the mech when necessary if you feel any loose coins in there.  You'll eventually clear the jam and you probably won't have a problem with your coin mech later.

As for the bill acceptor, if it is flashing that many times, then the best you can try is to wipe down the sensors with a lint-free cloth.  If that doesn't work, it needs to be sent for repair.

This does sound like you have coins stuck in the side coin return chute of the coin mech so you'll need to remove the mech and try to remove any coins in there.  As for the bill validator I can send you a rebuilt replacement for yours if you'd like.  You can email me at rbepic4gatgmaildotcom. 

The return coin chute on a coinco.

Just today I had to get a bent quarter out of return chute, not fun!

I had to pull the complete unit apart for the simply reason of a bent quarter!

My DN 276E can machine is junk from what I was told when I got to location.

After I showed them the quarter I pulled from machine, nobody put that coin in machine!

I guess it hopped in it by itself!

cajun

The return coin chute on a coinco.

Just today I had to get a bent quarter out of return chute, not fun!

I had to pull the complete unit apart for the simply reason of a bent quarter!

My DN 276E can machine is junk from what I was told when I got to location.

After I showed them the quarter I pulled from machine, nobody put that coin in machine!

I guess it hopped in it by itself!

cajun

Yeah, it's always your fault or a faulty piece of equipment. The consumers are innocent.

I think the return chute was jammed. Some idiot kept putting $.50 pieces in it. I thought I had cleared it but I disassembled it and emptied the chainge tubes and a penny was there so it may have been in the angle part of the return tunnel.

It works fine now and even gives change. But it still comes up with the NJ code. But is seems to fill tubes, give change, and vend soda.

Any .50 coins will always jam a coin mech.  The only way to prevent it is to restrict the coin insert in some way to coins smaller than the .50 coin.  I think the NJ error code is actually a Note Jam in the validator.  If no bills are stuck then the validator needs to be rebuilt.  Send me an email at rbepic4gatgmaildotcom for pricing on a rebuilt unit.

Archived