AP 7600 worst case scenario

Hey all, I almost bought a 7600 but turned it down once I saw it wasn't taking bills. It doesn't pull them in, the coin mech is full and the exact change light is lit. From what I remember I believe its an old MAKA acceptor. Other than that the machine is in great shape and works perfectly. I put it out of my mind since I don't really need it but they guy is calling me back offering to sell it for $200. Worst case scenario, what can it cost me to fix it and is it worth it for resale if I don't use it?

In great condition (with working bill acceptor), it may be worth $600~. A professional refurbisher might ask $800'ish.

It will cost you roughly $200 to upgrade the machine to a mars VN 2511. If you need a big snack machine, I'd pick that machine up, put a ve board in it and a mars VN 2512 with a coinco 9302-gx. The whole upgrade would cost $700 including new board, drop sensors, new mech and val, and cheap LED lights but it would be ready for a big location and you could install a CC reader later.

In great condition (with working bill acceptor), it may be worth $600~. A professional refurbisher might ask $800'ish.

It will cost you roughly $200 to upgrade the machine to a mars VN 2511. If you need a big snack machine, I'd pick that machine up, put a ve board in it and a mars VN 2512 with a coinco 9302-gx. The whole upgrade would cost $700 including new board, drop sensors, new mech and val, and cheap LED lights but it would be ready for a big location and you could install a CC reader later.

Well that sounds fun... I guess I'm looking for validation to buy a machine to tinker with I don't really need but don't want to lose any money in the process.

Well I'm still at it with guy he called me again. throwing in a USI drink machine that doesn't cool. It's a beast. I'm taking the AP snack machine and stripping the USI machine of its board, bill val, and coin mech. Told him I'd haul it out to the street for the scrap guys. All for $200.

Well I'm still at it with guy he called me again. throwing in a USI drink machine that doesn't cool. It's a beast. I'm taking the AP snack machine and stripping the USI machine of its board, bill val, and coin mech. Told him I'd haul it out to the street for the scrap guys. All for $200.

An excellent deal for you. Now you get to spend another $100 on a used MEI VN2501, 2 mounting brackets, and an interface harness. Ain't vending grand?  But seriously, $200 for clean/working is good.

Edited to add: The VN2502 & 9302GX from the scrap machine is worth as much. I sense a trade in the making.

AP 7600

I struck out with the bill vaildator from the scrap machine. It was dead, not even a flash code. I don't have a machine to test the coin mech in right now. But as an added bonus, between the 2 coin mechs and the overflow there was $104 left in the 2 machines leaving my total investment in this beauty at $96.
#winning

I struck out with the bill vaildator from the scrap machine. It was dead, not even a flash code. I don't have a machine to test the coin mech in right now. But as an added bonus, between the 2 coin mechs and the overflow there was $104 left in the 2 machines leaving my total investment in this beauty at $96. 
#winning

Might want to check those leg levelers on the right side of the machine, it's got a slight tilt to the left. H-tonguebr6.gif

This just keeps getting better. I've never taken apart a validator before but figured the worst I could do is break a broken validator that I'm probably upgrading anyway. So I take it apart and here's what I find. Half of a bill that had been taped by the end to (I suppose) disable the machine? Unscrupulous competitor perhaps? Anyway, after putting it back together and running a cleaning card through it for grins it took 10 singles flawlessly. A perfectly working 7600 for $96.

I was mistaken when I said earlier I thought it was a MAKA validator, it's a MARS but still a little ancient.

Validator Vandalism

That's an old VFM or even older L005 unit.  The taped bill could be someones way repairing a torn bill or a way to try to cheat the machine by putting tape on the end so that the bill could be prevented from being stacked.  In any event, use that validator for as long as you can but it then becomes a boat anchor.  You'll want to upgrade it to a VN2500 eventually for better acceptance and longevity.  When that time comes you can contact me for a replacement.

It's a VFM3. It was definitely done intentionally, it was taped from the end of the bill. I have a local company that sells the 2500 upgrade with hardware and a harness for around $150. Haven't really shopped to see if that's a good deal since it's not a necessity right now but it's nice to take shipping costs out of the equation.

If the local guy is doing quality work, I think it is worth your while to give him the work.

After you add the cost of shipping his price may still be higher but after you have done business few times, when you find yourself in a pinch they will fix it while you wait.  

Having that favors available makes the extra cost worthwhile.

The best the out of town guy can do is next day shipping and that will not be free.

Walta

The 7600 is still a good snack machine. It was well built and will still be around for years to come. You can't go wrong doing a full upgrade with the VE control board. $300 gives you MDB and C/C capabilities. Putting a mars MDB will allow you to take 5's, 10's , 20's. Rebuilt Mars 24 volt MDB can be bought for $125 on line and 24 volt  MDB 4 or 5 tube changers can be bought for $125 on line. 

It then can be used to upgrade a existing account that might need a better machine. All for $550

The 7600 is still a good snack machine. It was well built and will still be around for years to come. You can't go wrong doing a full upgrade with the VE control board. $300 gives you MDB and C/C capabilities. Putting a mars MDB will allow you to take 5's, 10's , 20's. Rebuilt Mars 24 volt MDB can be bought for $125 on line and 24 volt  MDB 4 or 5 tube changers can be bought for $125 on line. 

It then can be used to upgrade a existing account that might need a better machine. All for $550

It's in really good shape now. I'm going to work on getting it an account for it and probably upgrade it down the road. I also have a 6600 that's not quite as pretty that's a good candidate for tuff fronts. Snack machines are new to me so these two are a gentle start into the next plateau of vending.

Looks like I may have spoken too soon on a "perfectly working" machine. The validator is taking bills and giving a $1 credit, but after choosing a selection it doesn't vend or give change for that credit. Using coins it gives credit, vends and gives appropriate change. Could the fault be in the harness from the validator to the board or coin mech?

In the upper right hand corner of the control board there are 2 slide (DIP) switches. Make sure both are in the off position.

Hey lacanteen thanks a lot, it looks like that fixed the problem. One of the multivend switches was on, the other off. Would someone have set it that way for using coins only since the validator was "broken"? What's the point?

Multivend holds your change so you can make an additional selection. The other, is bill escrow, which when turned on will hold the bill rather than stack until a vend is made. Remember, this board was in production from 1985 thru 1989. I figured you had an escrow failure, which happens quite often. The reason for the feature is if the customer changes his mind, he gets his bill back instead of coins.

So with both switches off it will give change right away as well as stack the bill as soon as it's accepted?

Multivend holds your change so you can make an additional selection. The other, is bill escrow, which when turned on will hold the bill rather than stack until a vend is made. Remember, this board was in production from 1985 thru 1989. I figured you had an escrow failure, which happens quite often. The reason for the feature is if the customer changes his mind, he gets his bill back instead of coins.

So with both switches off it will give change right away as well as stack the bill as soon as it's accepted?

It will stack the bill after the selection is made and before the vend motor is run.  If the coin return is pressed prior to a selection being made then the bill is returned instead of 4 quarters.

Thanks everyone for all the tips and info. I'm going to test this for a while before I try putting it in service. I've been apprehensive about getting into snacks for a while and I'm still learning. If I find I can't count on its reliability I'll probably do a full upgrade on it.

Is this the board you are referring to?

http://www.shopveparts.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=VE5850 

Could you be a little more specific on the parts? Are there harnesses and mounting hardware required as well to convert it to this board?

Yes, all harnesses and brackets come with it as well as a new credit display. If you upgrade you'll then need an MDB coin mech and validator. You can email me at rbepic4gatgmaildotcom if you need a mech and validator.

Archived