Finding locations

maestro489

I was lucky enough to start my vending business by striking a deal with my uncle for 10 accounts. But as you can imagine the time for more accounts has come quickly. Befor I just go walking into some company I feel like I need to know at least how many employees they have so I know if it would be a good account for me. Where can I find this information?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Count the cars in the parking lot. Online databases are not that accurate and you have to pay for most of that type of info.

Been my method for years is ridding around looking at parking lots with cars. The next question is do you know what to do once you get to an account you would like to have? 

RJT do you have suggestions, please share. I have an idea but would love any advice you could give

That subject is far to complex to do in a single post. However, I have spoke about it many times on here in the past. Where is your uncle? How did he get the accounts you bought? Are you happy with the current revenue your current accounts are producing?

However a few things to remember. 

1. Find an account you would like to call on.

2. Knock on their door and introduce yourself and find out how is in charge of vending.

3. Try speaking with them or making a future appointment to do so. 

4. Once you speak with them find out how you can earn their business. That can be by finding things they are not happy with their current vendor or by offering them something they are not currently getting. This could be something as some "healthy selections" better variety, etc.

5. Once they give you permission to do a proposal then make sure the proposal makes sense to not only them but also to you and your company. 

6. The end result is closing the deal with everyone involved in the deal happy with their decisions. 

Also is the car counting one for one. Meaning if you count 100 cars you assume there are 100 employees

Yes, unless their are a lot of Hispanics which could mean even more employees since they tend to car pool more than others. You didn't answer my question about your uncle and your current accounts. 

Archived