Fsi 3141 problems anyone have these

KychrisKy

I have the chance to buy two fsi 3141 for 750.00

Which on one two selections dont work and the other four of them don't work, do the motors usually go bad on these, what do u think

I wonder how much these motors cost

I tried to send az a message but it wouldn't go threw

I don't usually see that many motors not working on one of those.  While they aren't new machines, they aren't particularly old like AP 7600's are.

Now, when you say "on one two selections don't work" do you mean.... on one SHELF, two selections do not work?

And when you say "and the other four of them don't work" are you saying that four selections don't work on a different SHELF?  This information is important because if there are 4 motors right next to each other that do not work then you might simply have a wiring problem.  If that's the case, fixing the wiring should allow all of those 4 motors to work.  It's just difficult to understand exactly what you are saying.

If it is true that there are quite a few motors that do not work because they are bad, then I would question if someone used this machine as a parts machine or not.  Regardless, I would not buy this machine for $750 if it is not fully functional.  Assuming the board, validator, and coin mech are good, then you should offer $500 for the machine because motors can be a bit pricey, and it is possible that it needs additional parts.

What you really need to do is be more specific about which motors don't work.  I have a strong suspicion that most of the motors work on this machine but there is a loose or snipped wire somewhere that needs to be fixed to make the majority of the motors work.  It just isn't worth the risk at $750 though, not in my opinion.

There might be broken wires in a shelf harness or two. This usually occurs near where the harness plugs into the cabinet. If there's no harness damage then you can plug a shelf into a plug from a working shelf and the see if the bad motors work when vending selections from the working shelf position. If that then works you might have a bad logic board that can't drive those selections. Email me at rbepic4gatgmaildotcom for help with it.

Archived