Mother Board for FSI 3039

Firetad4

I think my motherboard is fried on my snack FSI 3039, it is doing the random jackpotting, vends multiple items at once, keeps the credit after the vend and change is dispensed. Does the sound like a fried board and can I find this anywhere?

That does sound like a bad board.  Have you removed the light bulb to see if that corrects it?  Flickering bulbs in or near the machine will cause symptoms like that and quite often will permanently damage the logic board.  I will call you shortly about it.

• 2 weeks later...

So I got the new logic board and it didn't fix anything all the same problem still exist I'm at a loss??? Did I do something wrong or is there something I should've done? Any ideas?

Have you checked for a good ground pin on your power plug, bad lights near the machine like in the ceiling, loose or mouse eaten wires in the machine (like ground wires)?  If not then it might be bad coin mech.  It will need a 12 pin 24V logic mech.

Okay I've looked at the ground prong and it looks fine, there are no flickering lights. When I was just test vends with the program button I would try to test one column and 2 or 3 would test activate. That wouldn't have anything to do with the coin mech would it?

You may have a wiring problem with a shelf. Unplug all the shelves but the top one and then begin testing every motor. Do this testing with coins and bills since you've had more than just motor issues. If the top shelf works fine then plug in the 2nd shelf and test those motors. If there's no problem with either shelf then plug in the 3rd and test those motors. If any selection shows a problem with any other motor or vending any motor gives any other problem then look at that motor. Check for bare wires, reversed wires etc.

Archived