WD40

orsd

WD-40 stands for Wet Down 40 micro-switches!

lol!

Okay, I'll play.

I did at least 10 with it and also using unapproved electric cleaner, making them swell up and just about empty can machine!

cajun 

My old boss told me every good tech has a can of WD-40 I told him a good tech won't need it. It is a temporarily fix and last just long enough for someone else to fix it right. There was a senior tech at this place that carried it in his pocket. He would spray the contacts on relays with it. Those contacts would get so gummed up.  

I don't consider myself a good tech at all.  Sure, I can repair a lot of stuff simply because I am the only repair guy that I've got, but I know that full-time repair guys with decades of experience can do things way better than I can.  However, I can safely say that the only kind of grease/oil I carry is silicon grease, and that has maybe 2 applications that it is used for.  I use windex to clean almost everything that is a solid surface (no electronics) and I simply replace parts when they act up.  I don't like it when my customers keep complaining about the same selections not working because I tried to put bandaids on the problem.

I had an account a couple weeks ago that had a coin jam and when i got to the account someone decided to spray WD40 into the coin shoot and everything inside the machine was covered with it.... I guess they figured it would help the jam..

Archived