Dixie Narco 276E lost fob

olftboy

Long story short... Friend lost fob to their old soda machine.  Offered to me for free so I took them up on the offer and it's now sitting in the shop.  Before firing up the hammers, chisels and cutting torch... thought I'd ask if there is a way in to this machine without totally destroying the front.  I understand hacking in to these machines should not be a "open" topic as it would seem to promote theft.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Machine is a Dixie Narco DN276EMC

34gn0pi.jpg

28cosut.jpg

One more question...

How can I remove one of the select buttons while doing the least amount of damage? (door is still locked shut)  Such as hitting the button top right, bottom right, etc.  Or should I cut around the perimeter with a dremel?  I'm even up for drilling the rivets on the framework, if that will get me anywhere.  Thoughts..... :huh:

First of all, what are you trying to do? Why not just remove it once you get the door open. No damage that way. I would also check with your friend for the key fob number and order a replacement. If it was a Pepsi Asset, they would have a master key to open it. Call your local Pepsi bottler and request they open it.

Understood.  I did try PMing AZVendor and a notice said no new messages allowed.  I'll keep checking and see if I can get through.  Thanks to both.  B)

You can contact AZVendor by email----- rbepic4gatgmaildotcom

cajun

First of all, what are you trying to do? Why not just remove it once you get the door open. No damage that way. I would also check with your friend for the key fob number and order a replacement. If it was a Pepsi Asset, they would have a master key to open it. Call your local Pepsi bottler and request they open it.

I'm in a Catch-22 here.  First step to opening the door is to remove one of the buttons.  ^-^   The fob is lost, no key fob number and the local Pepsi doesn't deal with these machines anymore.  I have a path forward... hence the question that was asked.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 1/18/2017 at 9:51 PM, AZVendor said:

You need to open it and then convert it to a normal T-handle. Email me at rbepic4gatgmaildotcom for instructions on how to open it.  I can send you parts to convert it.

AZVendor-

I recently purchased a Vendo HVV machine and it doesn't have the key fob. I'm sure you are very busy, but I shot you an email the other day, but I wanted to make sure you got it. Hoping you can help me out. Thanks!

Just now, petersvending said:

What is this? Key fob? Like a button for locking and unlocking your car? They have this for soda machines now? 

Yeah, they are typically made my Triteq, it is an electronic lock. Horrible idea IMO. 

Just now, petersvending said:

Agree. Horrible idea. Keys are a hard thing to kill, they work so well! 

Now I just need to find a way into my machine without the FOB! Really hoping I don't have to do anything too destructive. 

It looks as though it was a Pepsi asset at one time. Pepsi should have a battery powered device to open it. Call your local Pepsi distributor and ask for the vending dept. may cost you a few bucks but cheaper than repairs you might need if you try to force your way in

Archived