Show off those refurbs

lacanteen

Actually, my post count was at 66 and I wanted to get off that number. There wasn't any other thread I was interested in posting to, so use this thread to show your work.

A/P 7600 before.

9bc809fb-31a2-4c83-8ebf-9c4221b4035a_zps

Ready to Paint

721fc53a-b33f-4d90-8286-15611bb91c2b_zps

Viola

73ea374f-995a-4fa7-8df4-f55c4a4f70c1_zps

I see you upgraded to VE control board.

nice!

Which city your in if you don't mind me asking, as you see I'm from Louisiana too.

cajun

That's an In-One VMC. When I started the refurb shop 6 years ago, the VE board could only do DEX 6, which our hand helds from Validata could not deal with at that time. In-One was able to toggle between DEX 5 and DEX 6. Once Validata supported DEX 6 I was already too deep into In-One to change. 

I am in Lafayette, I suspect you are in New Iberia, Morgan City, or Houma. ;D

If you don't mind sharing what paint and technique do you use.

I don't mind at all. Let's start here:

857c0550-4340-4aff-9eed-dded428247cf_zps

This all comes from Home Depot. The quart can is used on the sides, top, door edges, floor using a smooth (1/4 nap) standard 9"roller. Yes I said roller. It's water based so clean up is a snap.

The cabinet is stripped except for the back harness. It is then washed with a hose and brush with Dawn dish soap just like washing a car. Holes or bad dents get Bondo, then a light scuff with a D/A sander to knock the old gloss off. The semigloss spray paint is used to spray where the roller can't get to such as the floor edges inside, the legs & hinges and the cabinet face where the door nests into. Spray first, then roll 2 light coats, if it's rolled on too heavy it'll sag. The Gloss spray is for the delivery bin which gets scrubbed with degreaser, the coin box, and glass clamps. The white gum&mint face is masked and a light coat of semi-gloss white sprayed.

Most machines get new select buttons, select switch membrane, and Tuffront kit, along with electronics upgrade and LED light from D&S Vending, new coin changer and used MEI bill acceptor. I spend on average $700 for A/P machines but they will DEX and take cards like a $3500 new one. I only buy new equipment for premium accounts.

A Dixie Narco I did in 2010

a61c73f0-7e15-484b-9700-c35469b85467_zps

8de44f60-f368-4fcb-a3b4-da50e94b9f70_zps

That floor is sprayed with cold galvanizing also from Home Depot. If the floors are pitted I'll add the rubberizing spray on top of the galvanizing which will seal the little holes.

Outstanding work, the both of you. I wish I had taken "before" photos of a 501 Dixie I refurbed a year ago. I bought it for $50 with about 75 exploded cans in it from freezing. I've had it in service with about $500 gross sales since.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't mind at all. Let's start here:

857c0550-4340-4aff-9eed-dded428247cf_zps

This all comes from Home Depot. The quart can is used on the sides, top, door edges, floor using a smooth (1/4 nap) standard 9"roller. Yes I said roller. It's water based so clean up is a snap.

The cabinet is stripped except for the back harness. It is then washed with a hose and brush with Dawn dish soap just like washing a car. Holes or bad dents get Bondo, then a light scuff with a D/A sander to knock the old gloss off. The semigloss spray paint is used to spray where the roller can't get to such as the floor edges inside, the legs & hinges and the cabinet face where the door nests into. Spray first, then roll 2 light coats, if it's rolled on too heavy it'll sag. The Gloss spray is for the delivery bin which gets scrubbed with degreaser, the coin box, and glass clamps. The white gum&mint face is masked and a light coat of semi-gloss white sprayed.

Most machines get new select buttons, select switch membrane, and Tuffront kit, along with electronics upgrade and LED light from D&S Vending, new coin changer and used MEI bill acceptor. I spend on average $700 for A/P machines but they will DEX and take cards like a $3500 new one. I only buy new equipment for premium accounts.

Also, are you using semi gloss in the quart can?

And the same paint for Soda?

Thanks.

Also, are you using semi gloss in the quart can?

And the same paint for Soda?

Thanks.

The spray paint for hinges, and hard to reach cabinet areas is semi-gloss, as is the quart. I use gloss black on delivery bin, glass clamps, covers, fillers, coin boxes.

On drink machines, if the sides need painted, I'll roll on. The door edges, select panel, and face is sprayed gloss black. I try to avoid painting drink machines sides if at all possible. I get Dr Pepper overlays for the sides, if it needs to look "new".

Archived