Vending container

maestro489

After I take inventory I return to my truck to get the products I need. I normally load up a 17 gallon storage container with all of the snacks and return to load my machines. However I can no longer find the container online except in black which I'm ahead will lead to melted chocolates in the summer. What kind of containers do you use to transport your goods?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

After I take inventory I return to my truck to get the products I need. I normally load up a 17 gallon storage container with all of the snacks and return to load my machines. However I can no longer find the container online except in black which I'm ahead will lead to melted chocolates in the summer. What kind of containers do you use to transport your goods?

Anything that works. The trick is to keep the tote out of the sunlight. I use a couple totes with folding lids, 7up crates, anything

Costco and lowes sell them for like 15 they r black with yellow lids and there is some see through ones too. I just use whatever i usually use a tote that was maybe 12 bucks at lowes and if i need more a crate or two or even the empty lss boxes just make it work lol

I like the Akro-Mils brand, very sturdy. The clear boxes make it easier to identify what is in them and attached lids means not having to fumble with lids. See link.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00006IARN?keywords=contico%20storage%20containers&qid=1444773700&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

The one's I've bought at Lowes have handles that could practically cut you.

I use the under bed style storage boxes.  They're just deep enough to accommodate LLS Chips standing straight up and all my other snack products except the chocolates which I keep in a small cooler.  I load each box with enough product to get me through the day, usually that's about 35 of each type chip, so each box usually holds two different selections.  When I get to my location, I just load everything on my convertible hand truck (the boxes stack perfectly about six or seven high) and I just go and service the snack machine without pre counting anything.  I also collect the money from both machines at this point and take note of which sodas I'll need.  This way, each location only requires two trips and can usually be done in 1/2 hour if everything is working.  This method saves a lot of time pulling each item at your truck and also requires less vehicle space and since snacks don't weigh much it's no big deal to haul in extras

Lacanteen. That's exactly what I have been looking for. Where did u get them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Send me your address and I'll ship you one. Maybe even put a small care package inside too from my computer board stash.

drvend@att.net

Lacanteen. That's exactly what I have been looking for. Where did u get them

Uline sells these. They have many size and color options available. They also offer tiered pricing depending on how many you order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have very hot summers here and when we started in the vending business we couldn't transport chocolates in the summer without them melting.  So I designed these neat insulated boxes with special inserts that are cooled by ice packs.  Each box holds six cases of candy bars and is approximately 12 inches tall, 14 inches deep and 18 inches wide.  They will hold chocolate at below room temperature all day long in 100 degree heat if you keep them out of the sun.

We actually load these boxes on our dollies to service accounts, so they are really transportable.  I was considering building them for purchase but haven't ever gotten around to it.

Archived