Recommendation for RMM Open Source

You can get remote monitoring equipment from USA Technologies or InOne Technologies.  They offer modems that will download the DEX data from your machines to their servers and then provide reports to you on your sales.  You can do this without using their card readers but if you are planning to use card readers on any machines you should decide which provider you'll be using and then those card readers will provide the telemetry for you.  You can then add just the data ports alone to machines that have no card readers.  There is a fee for the remote monitoring and the data they provide to you.  MEI also offers this service through their Easitrax software.

You can get remote monitoring equipment from USA Technologies or InOne Technologies.  They offer modems that will download the DEX data from your machines to their servers and then provide reports to you on your sales.  You can do this without using their card readers but if you are planning to use card readers on any machines you should decide which provider you'll be using and then those card readers will provide the telemetry for you.  You can then add just the data ports alone to machines that have no card readers.  There is a fee for the remote monitoring and the data they provide to you.  MEI also offers this service through their Easitrax software.

Do not use MEI imo. They use third party processors that drain you. Cantaloupe has some pretty cool stuff, so does crane and streamware.

Hi Everyone

Have anyone used a RMM open source program?? IF so which one u recommend.

Googling now but would rather hear from someone who have used on.

Thank you in advance

Jarci

This is referred to as telemetry. What do you want to get out of this? I prekit my route so it depends. If you just want to see sales vs prekitting or forecasting, those are completely different options you will need to decide on before hand.

Hi all

Thank you for all your response.

My main reason for this is sales reports and knowing how much to pack for restocking.

What other reasons ppl use this for. :huh:

I would eventually like to add credit card readers but not sure if it will be worth it. (Will the extra fees help sales or be another expense that don't help sales)

If you want telmetry you minus well get card readers. I have installed CC readers on my machines not only for an average of %20 boost in sales but also for the increased selling ability. If I call on practically any account that doesn't have CC readers, that will be the first thing I offer them. To most accounts CC readers are a big deal.

Hi all

Thank you for all your response.

My main reason for this is sales reports and knowing how much to pack for restocking.

What other reasons ppl use this for. :huh:

I would eventually like to add credit card readers but not sure if it will be worth it. (Will the extra fees help sales or be another expense that don't help sales)

Im a huge fan of open source and open source tools but you will never find anything in the vending market thats open source for prepicking. There is a lot involved in parsing dex files, doing forcating, product manipulation, item batching, ect... A good vending management system can take years to develop and I know this because we had developed one for our own use. With taht being said there are a magnitude of VMS out there and they are all priced differntly.

What IM seeing a lot of operators do now is get a USATech reader and use a cloud based VMS. Some charge anywhere from $5-7 per machine.

What IM seeing a lot of operators do now is get a USATech reader and use a cloud based VMS. Some charge anywhere from $5-7 per machine.

What is your opinion on Parlevel as a VMS provider?

I believe that Parlevel will work on all Open VDI sysems like USATech, InOne, Cantaloupe & Crane ect...

I believe that Parlevel will work on all Open VDI sysems like USATech, InOne, Cantaloupe & Crane ect...

Most VMS work with Open VDI standard. Most of the companies you listed are actually on the board of development for the standard. Our system actually incorporated Open VDI but we never got around to fully developing it because the micromarket venture put it in the backseat but if I had enough intrest I could put it back on a developers plate. 

Archived