Rainbow Crane NC42

TheHun

Hey Guys new to the forum here and hoping you can help me out. I recently picked up a NC-42 Rainbow Crane Machine for $600 for my family to have fun with. However I would like actually use the coin mech on the machine so the kids learn to spend money without technically losing it forever etc. However the coin mech in the machine is so outdated that it doesn't accept any of the new canadian currency as well as any only loonies we have laying around are only registering as quarters.. (takes 4 $1 coins to play 1 game)

So my question is has anyone seen these 6 Coin Programmable coin mechs they sell and would it be possible to use with this Machine? Thanks in advance!

20151014_105003.jpg

It's your board settings from what you describe, coin mech just sends one pulse per coin and it thinks it's taking quarters. Need to set board for 1 pulse per play with dollar coin mech and then set DBA For one pulse per dollar. This will get you a dollar per play all around if coin mech is got dollar coin mech.

Well the coin mech that day in there would only accept a few one dollar coins I had and reject most. Basically any coin newer than 1998.

Also do u know if they're is a way to ad a nudge feature to the lowering of the crane? Where u can slightly tap the lower crane button to lower it slowly for better positioning until u press and hold the button to fully lower it

Don't think so on a rainbow.. Hit your switch where coin makes at bottom of coin mech should take 4 hits on that little wire that gets tripped when coin hits it.. That will tell you it take 4 coins per play.. Goto happ controls and get you a Imonex insert for coin mech that is for coin you want it to take.

Archived