Vendo 720 bottle problem

Chard

Pepsi has recently switched to the 16.9oz bottles in our area and I converted one of our Vendo 720's to vend them.  Everything has been great for months, then just recently I started getting multiple calls on the exact same machine for the same problem.  Whenever mountain dew sells to the last two bottles in the stack, those two bottles will not fall through the can shim down into the rotor.

If you are familar with Vendo 720's, when running cans or small bottles you have a can shim, can clips on the gauge bar and probably 8 different adjustments that can be made in positioning both the gauge bar and can shim to facilitate a better drop.

In this case the bottes get stuck right at the can shim so adjusting the gauge bar won't do anything.  This prevents the column from showing sold out, hence the problem.

The only solution I can find is to keep the machine stocked, which we are doing.  Any idea's so we can set this thing in order?

By the way, this only happens on the last two bottles, otherwise it works perfectly.

Several things could be out of specs. The can shim maybe to thick. The column could be out of alignment or the bottles not in specs. Try changing columns, Check shim to see if it is bent. Cans and bottles aren't always the way the should be. I have a serpentine vendor in my garage that won't vend 7-up products. 1/2 of the cans will be to tall to fit. Very annoying.  Sometimes just changing columns will fix it. 

You might need to change to thinner shims for this column if the bottles continue to be made in this shape.  What the shim does is narrow the column at the point where the gate on the left side closes and narrows the column to prevent a second level of products to drop to the rotor.  Your issue is that when the gate opens the bottles are too thick to fit between the open gate and the shim without other bottles above them pushing them through.  You might have a bent gate but that is rare.  Try taking out the can shim and replace it with the flat shims that stack on top of each other to get the shim thickness you need.  You might also try a water bottle shim instead.

Archived