Stalled Momentum with lots of possibilites

joebob051977

I just got back from Afghanistan so I haven't posted anything for a while. I am probably getting laid-off due to the economy. I should have 2 1/2 months of money from vending saved up since I haven't gotten to reinvest any of it since I was overseas. I am now job hunting. and may end up moving so I am not sure I want to reinvest anything yet. I have 1 really good site which grosses over $600/yr. and 2 sites which are average to below average. 

I was thinking I may want to sell the one good site since I would be moving out of state and just pull the others and locate them closer to my new location. The other option I considered is just selling the whole route which grosses about $1200.  Selling my entire route would give me enough money to buy more machines than I currenty have or even buying a used pop machine. With only 3 machines on location, I just don't see hiring someone on commission as an option. That would be just too annoying.

I'd love some advice or ideas, Thanks.   

Well for one, glad to have you back in one piece and thank you for your service. If you think you will have to move then I would consider selling the whole route if it was me. I plan to try and sell mine when I ever get this house of ours sold. If I can't get a decent price then I would have to drag it all with me. For me that would be 12 triples and three doubles. I could also try & just sell the locations, then bring all the machines west with us but I am leaning to just starting over fresh.

Well for one, glad to have you back in one piece and thank you for your service. If you think you will have to move then I would consider selling the whole route if it was me. I plan to try and sell mine when I ever get this house of ours sold. If I can't get a decent price then I would have to drag it all with me. For me that would be 12 triples and three doubles. I could also try & just sell the locations, then bring all the machines west with us but I am leaning to just starting over fresh.

I think Beer nailed it on this.

I expect to be moving in about two years--what I'm doing now is practicing starting in vending. When I move after two years, I'll sell the route here (possibly holding onto just a few small machines), and start fresh. I'll have the knowledge, skills, and promotional abilities to do it all much faster the next time around.

If my plans change (IE my wife wants to do her master's degree here), then I could be stuck here for 5 years or so. In that case, I'd be very glad I had a head start on building a route here.