Coinco BA32F Bill validator

Jhuhn

Before I order a replacement or send mine in for repair was hoping I might get help here, my BA32F is led flashing 7 times when power is turned on. At this point there is absolutely now response when trying to insert a dollar bill. When power is turned on the unit motor makes a noise that doesn't seem the same as in normal operation then I get the 7 blinks. If I slide out the lower housing to clean sensors and leave it out when power is turned on there is no motor noise and led flashes 11 times until I insert housing then it makes motor noise and goes back to 7 blinks.... This same thing happened about 2 months ago and I sent it out for repair( they claimed they cleaned sensors and replaced belts) after restalling it did the same thing. I sent it back and they said they replaced circuit board... Second time was a charm until last Friday and as stated above the same thing happened again.

I can provide more detail if needed or at least will try... Thanks a bunch

Welcome to the forum Jhuhn.

If the Coinco was fixed by a authorize shop it should have a warranty on it and sent back for them to fix the problem.

Call and talk to them is my suggestion.

cajun

I just went back and looked at past emails and was way off on the repair date, it's been a year in November. So I'm assuming there is no warranty left.

Boy how time flys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's on a rather old snack machine, up until last year it's ran really well.... I was wandering how it worked switching to a different brand acceptor, but have no background in this because of not having issues up until a year ago... Are they plug n play as long as the voltage is the same? Or do they require changing out the coin tubes?

If you can afford it ditch the "f" model and go with Mars it really isn't worth fixing. Here is what the flash codes mean if you need it.

You can use a MEI VN2502 as a replacement

.# of Flashes Description of Flash Codes

1  Bill box full
2  Bill box lid is open or bill box is off
3  Check bill path
4  All bill accept switches are off
5  Bill jam or sensor error
6  Stacker motor/home sensor
7  Transport motor/encoder sensor
8  Reserved for future use
9  EEPROM checksum error
10  RAM or ROM checksum error
11  Center optic sensor
12  Right optic sensor
13  Left optic sensor
14  Bill position sensor error
15  Right skew sensor
16  Left skew sensor
17  Lower boar d ant i- pullback lever sensor
18 Upp er boar d ant i- pullb ack lever sensor

If you can afford it ditch the "f" model and go with Mars it really isn't worth fixing. Here is what the flash codes mean if you need it.

You can use a MEI VN2502 as a replacement

.# of Flashes Description of Flash Codes

1 Bill box full

2 Bill box lid is open or bill box is off

3 Check bill path

4 All bill accept switches are off

5 Bill jam or sensor error

6 Stacker motor/home sensor

7 Transport motor/encoder sensor

8 Reserved for future use

9 EEPROM checksum error

10 RAM or ROM checksum error

11 Center optic sensor

12 Right optic sensor

13 Left optic sensor

14 Bill position sensor error

15 Right skew sensor

16 Left skew sensor

17 Lower boar d ant i- pullback lever sensor

18 Upp er boar d ant i- pullb ack lever sensor

What does the U3 or U5 mean after the VN2502? Is that stacker box size... And will this just plug in and function with the same coin tubes?

Is the MARS compatible? Just plug in?

Sorry just seen your last sentence

You will need the proper harness and maybe a mounting bracket. A picture of the plug-ins and bezel face of your old one will help me.

You will need the proper harness and maybe a mounting bracket. A picture of the plug-ins and bezel face of your old one will help me.

I can those pictures later today :) thank you

What does the U3 or U5 mean after the VN2502? Is that stacker box size... And will this just plug in and function with the same coin tubes?

The U probably refers to something like the update version when it was manufactured and it has no bearing on functionality as far as I know.

The F model of Coinco is just a harness variation for USI machines though they will work fine in other machines.  The U3 Mars is a 300 stacker and U5 is a 500 stacker but those are when they come from the factory.  Any size bezel or stacker can be installed and then some of the nomenclature won't matter.  

If the BA32F is using the Mars connections then the Mars validator can be installed with a power pigtail being the only part needed.  If you're using the MDB connection on the BA32F then you'll need to put a MDB harness on any Mars validator you use.

I have parts for this if you need them.  Email me at rbepic4gatgmaildotcom.

Archived