Help with Merlin 2000 Series 5

sammer

Hi all, I have this Merlin 2000 and I am having trouble with a couple of columns. They are 3 deep can columns and what happens is that it vends 3 cans properly and when the tray rotates and the next 3 cans drop into the tray it miss vends and will not release a can. if you try again it vends properly for three more cans and same thing again a miss vend.  I checked the set depth and they are all at 3 so they seems right. Any help is muchly appreciated as usual. Another thing is anyone having trouble getting A.P. parts. My supplier up here in the great soon to be white north I think is full of crap. I have a A.P. 931 that lost power , they say it needs a line filter and transformer and I'll go with that as I don't know but they have had it on order for 4 months now. Seems a little long to me.

Thanks

Sammer

Probably shouldn't say this but Go BlueJays

Crane is getting crappy on parts for anything made prior to their ruining of AP.  Crane doesn't give a rat's a#$ about what parts support means and AP owners are the ones left hanging.  What Crane tells you now is that if it's not in stock and not "discontinued" that they will put it on the list of waiting parts.  What they really mean is that if they have enough demand for something then maaaaybeeee they'll order more of them.  I can see if I can find one for you here in Arizona. 

As to your Royal issue, does it only mis-vend one can or all three?

Thanks all, AZ  I was told it just needed the transformer and line filter but that may not work so if you can find the whole power supply box that would be great. I guess we shouldn't be buying A.P. equipment if Crane is not producing parts eh. As far as the Merlin goes I may have not explained properly. It will drop the 3 cans loaded in the tray properly but on the 4th vend when the cans drop into the tray it will not drop a can, on the next vend it will work for 3 more vends and again after the tray fills it won't drop. As Lacanteen mentioned that it may be a sensor issue would that not be a problem for all vends?

Thanks a lot Guys

Sammer

Thanks all, AZ  I was told it just needed the transformer and line filter but that may not work so if you can find the whole power supply box that would be great. I guess we shouldn't be buying A.P. equipment if Crane is not producing parts eh. As far as the Merlin goes I may have not explained properly. It will drop the 3 cans loaded in the tray properly but on the 4th vend when the cans drop into the tray it will not drop a can, on the next vend it will work for 3 more vends and again after the tray fills it won't drop. As Lacanteen mentioned that it may be a sensor issue would that not be a problem for all vends?

Thanks a lot Guys

Sammer

The sensor might be seeing the stack moving to load 3 more cans as a vend. (Too sensitive) The adjustment screw is on the board.

Thanks Lacanteen, do you know if they have a line filter also?

Thanks

Sammer

All parts are available. Check your parts manual

AP 380303 filter  $5+

AP 380304 filter **this one is expensive $50+

AP 13900003 transformer  $70+

Thanks do you have a order desk number so that I can order these parts?

Thanks

Sammer

I have direct access because of franchise agreements. You will need to use a distributor. I've known Jason Greene at D&S Vending since he was a teen. He will do you right. 1-800-445-8363 http://www.dsvendinginc.com/

Thanks to all, my supplier finally came up with the A.P. parts but this was the last chance for him so I'm sure I will be contacting some of you in the future. Also anyone know why I occasionally get locked out of this forum? I'm trying to be good

Archived