National 147 with Revision Door Bin Adjustment

Randy 805

I have a National 147 with Revision Door, the vend bin door is constantly falling out of adjustment, and I get complaints that it won't open or gets stuck, every time I'm on site I adjust it and it seems to work fine but then falls out of adjustment after a few days, am I doing something wrong? Is there a proper procedure I should be following?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

How are you adjusting it?  There isn't any real adjustments other than correctly installing it.  If it's a new bin on the Revision door then you should have a screw on the right and left of the lower edge of the bin attaching it to the door.  If it's the original bin then the screws are probably underneath the bin.  These are installed last.  The correct installation begins with the front lip of the bin slipping onto the lower horizontal edge of the bin opening.  Most people who install delivery bins don't know to do this and alignment problems begin from there.  After the lip is hanging on the door then attach the bin straps that go from the top edge of the bin to the door next to the door axle.  Lastly you will mount the lower screws.  This should give the bin proper alignment and easy operation.

The bin was installed when I received the machine, it was good for a year or so, the only adjustments I can see to make are by loosening the screws on either end and opening the bin door with one hand and then trying to lift the inner top cover or door then tightening the screws...seems to work, but there is a definite wear pattern where there's contact between the outer bin door and the inner top part...

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

In the event that they didn't install it correctly you should push the door in and check that the front lip of the bin is actually hanging on the door sheet metal. Look closely to be sure it is really over the metal and not just looking like it is.

You might also have a delivery door that is broken loose from it's axle, a missing bearing on either end of the delivery door or the the rear baffle has been bent by someone.

You have found the one thing I do not like about the revision door. The steel it is made from is to thin and the door does flex and they are reusing the worn out old delivery bin.

1 With the door closed level the machine all 4 corners and be sure all 4 legs are carrying weight.

2 Disassemble the bin replace any bent or worn parts.

3 If the top of the door and the top of the machine are not parallel you will need to adjust the lower hinge so it is.  

4 If the delivery bin works when the door is open but not when closed. It may be necessary to twist the door.  Put foot against the bottom corner of the door and pull the top corner to you. Sometime from the inside and sometimes from the outside, depending on how you need to move the door.

Walta

Archived