Buying Groups

Does anyone have any experience with buying groups?

Good? Bad? Indifferent?

I was looking at RSA Buying group. They pool what all their members buy and combine all of the rebate checks from the manufacturers and split the rebate money between the members. 

It sounds pretty good. I know I will never buy enough product in a given period to receive a rebate so was wondering if this was a good idea.

Thanks

I actually just reached out to USG yesterday to find out the requirements and to see if I qualify.  I've got a little ways to go....  Here is their response:

The USG Board has set three requirements and we need to know if your company would be in compliance with them.  They are:

1)  you have to have been in Vending and/or OCS (Office Coffee Service) for 3 years or more

2)  in the past 2 years you have to have purchased a minimum, each year, of $500,000 from your bottlers, vend product, food service, OCS distributors combined.

3)  your company cannot be a member of another purchasing co-operative for the Vending Industry

We are members of USG and I've not had a bad experience with them. They send a check faithfully every quarter. If by chance I missed an item being on rebate I can show them I purchased said item with a dated invoice, they will gladly go back, give me credit, and apply the rebate to the current quarter.

Archived